Do you let your young teen play xbox?

and if so do you monitor them at all? just wondering cause i'm 19, obviously i sound young but not that young. but i'm constantly getting overly sexual comments from what sound to be like 12-14 year old boys. I wonder what kind of parents let there kids play these games let alone play them at 3 in the morning. and where do these boys learn to come on to women like this? it kind of disgusts me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 AM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• My son will be getting an xbox for christmas this year but the live package that comes with it will go right in the trash. For that reason. I dont mind him playing against other people but I prefer him not to be able to talk to them. You never know who you could be talking to and what personal info could inadvertantly slip out. Just trying to keep him safe!
    formykids373

Answer by formykids373 at 5:34 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• good job!!! i knew there were responsible parents out there, just be careful cause he could walk to any random 7eleven and buy a live account himself.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 6:10 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Hali Taylor- funny thing is the closest store is about a ten mile walk! Even if he did manage to get his hands on one, good luck to him finding the cables to connect and doing it all without me noticing!
    formykids373

Answer by formykids373 at 7:13 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I do let my ds play xbox online, he will be 17 next month, but he has to run the sound through the tv so we know what's being said, and we do monitor what he's doing.

However, something to keep in mind, just because it's 3 am where you are doesn't mean it's 3am where the people you're playing with are. For example, my dh is in the military and we currently live in Japan, however our ds frequently works it out where he's playing with friends of ours that are stationed in or are from other places, such as Washington, England, and Maryland. (Not all at once of course, because there isn't any time that's good for all of those places at once.)

So, it could be 3 am where you are, but like 3 pm where those boys are :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:14 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• you can set up a time zone on your xbox so you only play with people in your time zone.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 3:13 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• My 3yo plays XBox with his dad all the time... And no, I do not and will not monitor their gaming... There is nothing in a game that's going to damage your kids! If they are raised properly they know the difference between fiction and life...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:06 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I'm married to a terrible parent. That was probably my SS talking to you.
    limitedtime

Answer by limitedtime at 7:41 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• All three of my boys play xbox, they are 16, 13 and 7.  We know the games they play, but I don't sit there and watch them.  They don't play online anyway.

dawnjohnson5

Answer by dawnjohnson5 at 2:17 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• yes its not a sin!
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 4:59 PM on Jan. 20, 2010