How can i get my son to use the pot at two years old

fudgebar

Asked by fudgebar at 7:49 AM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When I wanted to potty train my dd, I bought a potty which was her favorite color and every time my daughter used it the potty would make a sharp noise like a "dinggggg"! So, I also baughter her a mini potty and a doll. I made the doll take down her ants and "use her potty" and when "the doll was done" I'd say what a good girl the doll was and I also pretended I gave the doll a cookie for being such a good girl. Then my daughter would sit on her potty, make it go "dingggg" and she'd get a cookie too! She was potty trained in less than a week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Depending on what side of 2 he is, good luck, my DS was 3, I know lots of people manage to get it done earlier, but if he isn't doing it, you can't force it, it causes stress on both you and him, I found girls were easier, and able to be done earlier, at 2, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:16 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Good luck My girl will be three next month and ummm nope she refuses to train. My son was about two months over three when he did too. They will when they are ready.
    JHawk83

Answer by JHawk83 at 1:01 PM on Dec. 12, 2009