How do you deal with your grouchy husband in the mornings and NOT bite his head off?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• ignore him...just act like you dont see him until he comes to his senses
    kiyad22

Answer by kiyad22 at 8:48 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I had that problem with my husband so I just stared being super nice and after a week or so it started to rub off and now he is much nicer in the mornings. also make sure to let hime know the things he does right more often than the things he has done wrong it will make both of you happier my husband now helps around the house and goes to all the kids stuff with out complaining because he knows it makes me happy. in return I encourage him to go hang out with his friends and watch the game ect instead of nagging him about it even though I wish he was doing something I want I know it makes him happy. we try to keep or marriage like it was when we were first dating ( remember how you used to do whatever he wanted just because you knew it would make him happy and he did the same)
    momfairy

Answer by momfairy at 8:58 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• it sounds like both of you are not morning people..who's biting who??
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:41 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I make sure we have coffee on and that makes things all better for him. I also remind him that if Momma's not happy NO one is happy!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:02 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Ignore him until it goes away, I know how you feel.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 10:20 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• When I was younger and worked at a lucrative job that I hated and was no good at, I was a morning grouch too. I am still not a morning person, but the shoe is on the other foot. He used to love his job and he was very good at it. Now, it is very stressful and NO one could make it into what it was when he started it. So, I let him have his space to get his head right for the day and I only speak to him about concrete things that are important enough to bring up. Also, I tell him I love him, appreciate him and know that no one could do his job any better than he does. He is a bit of a morning person, but I am comparing your situation to the way I felt when I was that way and what I think would have helped me at that time.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 10:39 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• The rule in our house is that you may wake up however you choose but you are not allowed to bring others down with you. So if you don't think you can be around others without doing so then take some time to yourself. Do something enjoyable for a bit. It is also good to give hugs to. It says that you respect their right to feel the way they do and you understand.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 1:15 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I usually go for the kill with pure 100% love and devotion, he usually ends up realizing he is being a ass and applogizes.
    Taylor82

Answer by Taylor82 at 6:13 PM on Dec. 12, 2009