Eco-friendly tampons?

I remember someone posting on here a while back about these all natural, eco-friendly tampons. They said that since they started using them, they haven't been cramping. I'd like to try them, because I've been cramping alot lately, and I don't want to have surgery, like the doctor is suggesting. I can't remember the name of the tampons. What is the name, and where can I buy them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Health

• HI, they are washable tampons, LOL! Cramping has to do with the uterus not the vagina, so it probably wouldn't help, because tampons are on the outside of your uterus, I saw it too, and went and looked at the tampons, I just couldn't bring myself to buy them, the thought of laundering them made me feel gross. Good luck, if you buy them, I would love to know your experience!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:00 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Well it sounded strange to me too, when I read it, but this lady swears that using the eco-friendly tampons made her stop cramping. If I have to reuse them though, NO THANK YOU!! I'll just live with the cramping and use my non-earth friendly Kotex.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I remember topics on Diva Cups but they are not tampons, they are cups you insert and I do know of many people who say they do not have as much cramping when using a cup. There are others on the market aside from the Diva Cup brand but I do not recall the names. I've recently switched to cloth menstrual pads too. Depending on what the doc says your problem is and why they suggest surgery changing what you use may or may not help. I tend to lean more toward looking at hormone balance before anything else when I encounter someone with problems like that. You can fix that without surgery quite easily... just takes time.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 9:38 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• They do make eco friendly & body friendly tampons. Whole foods carries them in my area, they are made out of cotton that hasn't been treated by chemicals. I would think that something loaded w/ chemicals shoved into the most sensitive parts of our bodies can do much more than just cause cramping. They have pads too.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:07 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Yes cramping is the uterus, but the chemicals your body absorbs from not only tampons, but other every day things can make your hormones off balance ad cause the cramping. As for natural tampons I don't know, but I use natural sea sponges myself and used to use the Diva cup, but just haven't bought a new one since having kids.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:05 PM on Dec. 12, 2009