ok tmi i know sorry but i really need help

i am 8 weeks preg and i have not had a bm for 2-3 days and my side is killing me what can i eat or drink or anything to help thaks ladies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i have had constipation throughout my pregnancy, i'm 21 weeks now. my OB said to take a warm bath, drink hot tea or decaf coffee, to stop my prenatal vitamins for a couple days til I was able to go to the bathroom. They don't usually like you to take laxatives or use enemas. Hope this helps a little.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Metamucil, you might want to get the kind that mixes in water and is smooth, the iron is probably making you constipated ! I would drink one of these every morning and try to eat as much fiber as possible. You mention your side is killing you? Is it your right side by any chance? If you have not been to the doctor yet and it hurts badly more than a 7 on a scale of 1-10, I would call, you could have appendicitis, or an eptopic preganancy, both of these can cause constipation, do you have a fever or anything? Good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:07 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• thank you both for your answers no its my left side i have bm problems even when im not preg and its the same pain and i have had alot of sonograms done ( due to spotting ) so i know its not an eptopic pre thank you both i will tey both your advices
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Don't know why your dr's didn't tell you bout a stool softener, you shouldn't stop taking your prenatals, the baby needs those minerals & vitamins. I started taking colace @ about OP's time & NEVER got constipated or got hemmroids. Add colace to your regimin, i took it w/ my prenatal. Worked wonders!!!!!!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:05 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• If you have a hand-held shower, try this. For safety, you may want to have your husband help you. Lean over and train a warm, stiff jet of water at your rectum. I tried it for hemorrhoids because I felt like I wasn't getting clean enough with tissue and I found out it stimulates you in a way that makes you move your bowels.
    I know this sounds a bit like it would be somewhat embarrassing to ask him to do for you, but I can't in good conscience advise you to stand the way I do to do this in my shower stall. I would hate to have you fall.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Water (!), walking-exercise, fiber, you can try supplemental vitamins (like "Colon Green" I think was what I liked a lot when I went through it)...
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:08 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Have your doctor change your prenata vitamins. I had the same issue, I was constipated and the vitamins made me sick. My doc changed them to something else and it works pretty good.
    Proudmom_28

Answer by Proudmom_28 at 1:56 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Tons of real fruit juice and prunes.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 2:06 PM on Dec. 12, 2009