My bridesmaid is hoarding my wedding gifts!!

I got married in March. One of my BM "Jenny" decided that instead of them each giving us gifts, they were all gonna pitch in for some kind of get a way. None of the other BM liked this idea, but "Kelly" decided to give her the $ ($250)because Jenny told her everyone else did. I had no idea about this until Kelly called & asked if I liked the gift. I explained I had no idea what she was talking about & she then called Jenny who told her she was gonna mail it today.Jenny then called me asking for my address so she could mail it. A few weeks passed by & I never got aything so I called her to see if she sent it. She said no. Im upset that she is keeping all that $ for herself when it was intended for my husband and I. I dont even care if I ever see it, but Kelly doesnt have a job and just had a baby. If Im not gonna get my gift I want Kelly to get her $ back. Should I call ?I dont want to be pushy..feels its rude of her

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• YES!!!!!! That is totally wrong of her. If she doesn't send you the guft, then you have every right to demand the money so that you can return it to Kelly. Jenny could get in a lot of trouble over fraud because of it. Remind her of this!!!!
    sophiekitten

Answer by sophiekitten at 9:20 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Just be patient, yeah she was wrong and she did a bad thing, but sounds like she is in dire straits, plus even though it is your wedding you were not part of this gift arrangement, I would just tell your friend, that oh it must have been lost in the mail, and tell the friend who donated the money you have not recieved anything, and then drop it! They need to work it out and I would just stay quiet on the matter!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:22 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I'm the overly honest type and I'd lay it all out on the table. I'd tell Jenny she has a few choices 1. give you and your husband your gift 2. give all of the bridesmaid their $$ back and 3. admit she spent Kelly's money (probably all of the bridesmaids $ if they gave too)apologize to everyone & make arrangements to pay her back. I would definitely throw that fruad statement in there that sophiekitten mentioned. These girls are obviously close to you or they wouldn't have been bridesmaids. I think it is up to you to figure out what happened and hold Jenny responsible if she did collect their money and used it to pay her bills or whatever.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 9:57 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Maybe talk to the girl who pitched in money and tell her you havent received it yet.. if i was that girl i would want to call the other BM and find out where the hell my money went and why it didnt go to who it was supposed to!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 10:10 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Let Kelly handle it

Answer by admckenzie at 11:34 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• IMHO, she isn't "hoarding" your wedding gift - she lied to and basically stole from the other friend! "Kelly" needs to call (better yet, go to) "Jenny" and demand her money back so she can buy you a wedding present (even if she really isn't going to or you don't want her to) - and if "Jenny" says she got it or whatever, "Kelly" needs to say "no, tough, you're on your own, give me my money NOW - you lied to me which makes it stealing since you never did anything but keep MY money - fork it over NOW!".
    Anonymous

• I think you need to contact all the other bridesmaids and find out if they gave Jenny the money, if so- how much. Then once you have all the facts you should call Jenny and tell her that you talked to all the bridesmaids and know exactally how much money she collected, and she has 2 choices -- she can mail your gift out, OR she can call all the girls and make arrangements to pay them back. I would also tell her that if the gift does not arrive, or she does not contact the girls and admit she 'stole' from them and make restitution by XXX Day- all of you will take action against her.
    Good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• It's kelly's job to hunt her money down from kelly. How embarrassing of Jenny to do something so rude.
    Anonymous