My 6 yr old daughter is very sick, Please advice?

So my daughter came home from school yesterday throwing up, I called her teacher and she said she complained of a headache all day in school and sense it was friday and they were watching xmas movies she just allowed her to rest! Anyways sense she got home at 230 and 9pm she threw up 8 times and wouldnt eat or drink anything, The thing that worried me the most is all she could cry about was how bad her head hurt her! so i took her to the emergancy room. they felt her tummy no pain. she threw up again. they gave her meds for throwing up and made her drink some water, her head pain wasall she could talk about but they werent interested in that. they just sent us home on some meds to keep her from throwing up. this morning she is still crying of a headache. temp hasnt been over 100.8 whats can this be???? sorry so long

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Health

• I am an RN. If she were my daughter, I would take her to a different ER or clinic or daughter. I don't want to scare you, but some serious things can start out this way. I would not take a chance. Especially since she is still complaining of a severe headache, I will pray for both of you. Much love in JESUS, Carla, the LORDSlady.

LORDSlady

Answer by LORDSlady at 10:53 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Those two symptoms relate to strep throat ( and any other illness, of course). Did they do a strep test?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• take her back to the doctors and tell them you want them to check her headaches.
    Did they look into her eyes? make sure they do that.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:02 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• They looked at her throat and said it looked fine, I dont believe they looked into her eyes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Call her primary.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• the throwing up can cause dehydration which can cause headache, get her lots of fluids like Gatorade or pedialyte . Also follow up with her pediatrician asap. I don't know about your hospital, but ER doctors are usually idiots around here.
    Did she hit her head anywhere in the last 24 hours? Both headache and vomiting are signs of a concussion.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:27 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I asked her if she hit her head and she said no it just hurts really bad :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• If she doesn't like Gatorade or Pedialyte, Canada Dry Ginger Ale is good to drink to keep hydrated. Have her eat popsicles, too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Shes crying of a headache because she is dehydrated. Buy her some Popsicles to slurp on. My kids love to eat orange sherbet when they were/are sick. Serbet has a little sugar to give them some energy, juice to help the body absorb the vitimins, & the flavor to get them to eat it. Give it to her in little doses(a couple of spoonfuls only, every hour on the hour until she can hold it down.) Anything to get fluids in her. Then go buy her some baby food "banana's", its easy in the tummy & it will reintroduce food back into her system along restoring the potassium she is loosing by throwing up. Also buy go-gurt. The yogurt based treat puts the enzymes back into her stomach to allow her body to process stable/solid foods. Her headache isnt going to stop or ease up until you get fluids into her. It sounds to me like she has food poisoning. All of these things are fun to eat so she wont fight you. hope this helps. Good luck!
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 11:35 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• My daughter just went through this last weekend.There wasn't much you could do except give her tylenol or motrin and I bought some vernors ginger ale(schewps would work too) for the upset tummy and hydration. Peppermint tea or even a candy cane would help with the upset tummy too.We just let our little one(11) lay on and sleep the night on the loveseat,so she was near,gave her a large pan(or bowl) to throw up in and kept an eye on her.She's my fifth out of six.One day sick,one tired from being sick and in two days she was back to normal.
    cjsix

Answer by cjsix at 11:58 AM on Dec. 12, 2009