6 yr old daughter is sick with ?

i posted this in health to just wanted to cover all areas for a quicker response THANKS
So my daughter came home from school yesterday throwing up, I called her teacher and she said she complained of a headache all day in school and sense it was friday and they were watching xmas movies she just allowed her to rest! Anyways sense she got home at 230 and 9pm she threw up 8 times and wouldnt eat or drink anything, The thing that worried me the most is all she could cry about was how bad her head hurt her! so i took her to the emergancy room. they felt her tummy no pain. she threw up again. they gave her meds for throwing up and made her drink some water, her head pain wasall she could talk about but they werent interested in that. they just sent us home on some meds to keep her from throwing up. this morning she is still crying of a headache. temp hasnt been over 100.8 whats can this be???? sorry so long

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Dec. 12, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• why did they not give her a I.V if is she can't keep anything down? also ask your daughter did is she see a bright light or anything before her head started to hurt. (could be a migraine) the fever is the problem you do not a fever with a migraine? I get them all the time.
    Make sure they look in her eyes. It just could be just a virus. Take her in to the doctors again.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:11 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I would take her back in and make them do a few more tests or something, she could have so many things going on that its hard to say. It could just be a virus, but it could be the start of strep, or a few other things. Can she put her chin to her chest or does that cause her head to feel as if it might explode? Any neck stiffness too? Or just headache? (chin to chest or stiff neck I'd worry about something like meningitis) Could be a virus, or the headache could be from being dehydrated. I would just take her back, especially if she has gotten no relief, Im sure you have given her tylenol or motrin by now and that should have helped some, unless there is something else really going on. Good LUck, and I hope she feels better soon
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Did they shine a light in her eyes and ask her to follow with just her eyes? She could just have a stomach bug and the head ache is from dehydration...the least they could have done was give her IV fluids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Yeah, my first thought was migraine as well.
    So many people claim to get them but really all they have is a bad headache. Migraines are debilitating.

Maybe make an appointment with your family doctor since they seem to be too busy to properly care for your daughter at the ER.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 4:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Im thinking its dehydration headache. Please let us know how she is feeling. Good Luck
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:44 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Well I know that my son and I had some bug that I had a headache for 2 days. My temp was low grade but had a horrible headache!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 5:44 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• UPDATE i took my daughter back to a different ER and she has viral meningitis. Thankyou god i listened to these ladys and my motherly instinct
    Anonymous