Why do people think the Duggars are selfish for having so many kids?

I see a lot of people saying they are wasting resources. So how kids should you be allowed to have? One? What about people who have no kids? Don't you think it all balances out? I'm sure there are at least 18 women out there with no kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think it's crazy. Her poor body.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• This is directed at me as I was pretty vocal on this topic on another post. Although I think I explained it pretty well before, I will again. What I said is that I do not hold them up as the Christian ideal they make themselves out to be because their life is excessive in so many ways. Note I am saying MY idea of Christian ideals, not everyone. Part of being a Christian is not to be a glutton. If you have that many children AND a TV show about it quite a few of the Earths resources are being used by you and your family. In my mind, have all the kids you want- no worries, but when you go on TV as the ideal Christian while consuming so much I say, not so Christian in MY book. So no, its not just the 19 kids, its the whole lifestyle including the show and the constant harping on being a good Christian that makes me say, "nope- not for me!" Does that clear it up for you? Its the sum of the parts, not just the kids.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 10:14 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I don't see a problem with having a large family. If this is God's will, then who are we to judge?
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:15 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• well i think that the lord willl give her as many children as she can handle..her delivering ths baby early was because of the gallblatter crap..not her body rejecting the baby like most are saying..let her do what she wants..its what she beleives in..god will bless her if she is well enough to birth them... i beleive that too but im getting fixed after 3..but its her choice her dr hasnt made her get fixed and she doesnt believe in it.. im fine since they dont have 5 kids and eating off the government..i hate lazy moms who have 4-5 kids and sit on their asses and get food stamps and wic and low income housing.. and complain about it,,, atleast they are paying for their kids and not depriving them of anything important...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Because her teenage kids are raising the little ones while she has sex all the time. Real Estate doesn't pay that much, the state & Tv is paying for these kids. Kids for profit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• OP- wildboyz, no this was not directed at you. I have seen many people say this and honestly don't even recall seeing your answer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I is nice that they can have a large family, but I'm worried about the mom may die. This is not good for your body or natural to having so many kids. She is having a lot of problem.
    I think their priest should tellthem to think about the kids they have and stop having any more.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:21 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• OP- no problem, I did not mean to come off as defensive (although it seems I did!) I know my view is controversial. Please understand it is not just the Duggars that get me going. It is the whole commercialism of Christianity these days that makes me nuts. We have mega churches around here with wide screen TVS and Starbucks in them. They are full of the super rich in my area that hold themselves up as the TRUE Christians. They have these missions that are more like vacations- like 10 days in the tropics and maybe spend a half day building a church. I just think it takes away from the humility that should be associated with Christian life. We also have a Christian school with a multi-million dollar sports complex and the motto" "play humbly". I have no problem with nice schools or trips- its just when Christianity becomes so competitive that the super rich start to rule it that it gives me pause.
    Off topic-sorry!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 10:24 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Once again an attack on mothers with large families. Maybe those that think they should have a say in the amount of children a woman has should move to a country that employs population control.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• above post should read: "IT'S an attack on mothers with large families" excuse the typo. Thanks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Dec. 12, 2009