does my daughter ahve a social problem? She was terrified of Santa?!

She screamed and did not want to be put down. My husband and i ended up taking a family picture just so we could have the piture of her with santa

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She is perfectly normal, there are many many toddlers who are scared of Santa, or any other stranger for that matter. Think about it, if you were a little one and your parents handed you to some strange man with a big beard and a huge red suit, you might freak out too...lol Its normal, and probably next year, she will be ok with Santa
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 10:41 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Nah I went through the same thing with my 2 two years in a row. They were terrified of him when they got up close to him. But while we were in line they were excited to see him. It confused the crap out of me and mad me feel bad so we had to take a family photo with them to calm them down but the first year we got them done they're both crying on Santa's lap. Oh the memories...
    NikLvsNick

Answer by NikLvsNick at 10:43 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I used to dress up like Barney and Minnie mouse...I was the Easter Bunny one year and all the kids took pics with me. At least 20% of the kids freak out. Most kids don't want to go to strangers anyway let alone sit on someones lap.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 10:43 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• My daughter was afraid of santa last year. She was one. It's scary when your so little and your parents are trying to hand you off to someone you have never seen before.
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 10:43 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• This is a very common for small children, to them this white hairy old man is a scary thing, understandibly so, she has no problem she won't outgrow!

Answer by older at 10:43 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• My son wouldn't go near Santa til he was about 6. I think I only have one pic of him with Santa. He's 19 now and I'm asking for an updated picture with Santa, lmao....
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 10:45 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• it's normal
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:31 AM on Dec. 12, 2009