is it wrong of me to want christmas to be over with already!

i think alot of ppl are celerating christmas for the wrong reasons.. dont get me wrong i love getting together with family and celebrating the birth of Christ but it seems like some ppl bank on gifts and forget the real reason why we celebrate christmas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Holidays

• Nope! I am with you.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:12 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Things are beginning to change though as economics times become harder.  A lot ppl aren't religious but use gifting part as an excuse.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• A lot ppl aren't religious but use gifting part as an excuse.

for what? to celebrate Christmas?

for me it is about a lot more than gifts...

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:29 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Everyone has their own reason to celebrate. You can't say someone is doing it wrong just because they are not doing it your way. We celebrate family, santa & gifts. That is our right.
    mommybug77

Answer by mommybug77 at 11:38 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Yes. My inlaws are coming and I have a bad feeling about this one. I probably being a turd.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• We are so ready for the gift part to be over, we really don't have the money to get presents for anyone but our kids; dh and i even agreed to not getting each other something, but to focus on our boys and making sure they have fun. It is really about them anyway, so I don't regret that. Rather not looking forward to trying to get everyone else something, I got my MIL something from Avon because she does so much for us- she babysits while I work ( 3 days a week ). We will probably just end up buying gifts for the kids in the family.
    But we are looking forward to the food and fellowship part; it is all about love of family and others anyway- not what you can get people to give you.
    izyandchrismomi

Answer by izyandchrismomi at 3:32 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• It sounds like YOU are one of the ones who ruins it for everyone else with your crap attitude. Suck it up and put on a happy face for your kids sake. Christmas is not about YOU. It is about family, celebration of Christ, love, togetherness etc. You are the one who seems to not understand what the holidays are about if you're complaining about the way other people celebrate.
    Anonymous

• Christmas should be like Thanksgiving dat a time of togetherness without presents. It's gotten way over materialistic even for the children and it creating problems later of that expectation. Too much pressure is set on the woman to bring it all together for everyone else it does become a little much. 

Anonymous

• Not really. That is just how you feel.I feel the same way, though. :-) I don't need a holiday to celebrate or spend with my family. I agree it has gotten very materialistic.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:52 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Not me. Sorry, I really love the holiday season. Even being this far from family, I love doing all the special holiday crafts with the kids, singing Christmas carols, making memories with them. I love going to the candlelight service at church on Christmas eve, and reading the Christmas Story AND the Night Before Christmas on Christmas Eve, I love seeing the kids on Christmas morning opening even the simplest of gifts. I love their spirit of giving, but that's all year long lol. I also love showing them that a homemade gift is just as nice and more meaningful than a storebought gift. I agree, some people are way too materialistic and lose sight of the real reason for the holiday, but that doesn't mean that I should let it affect MY spirit of the holiday.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:18 PM on Dec. 12, 2009