Is a blood clot in the finger dangerous?

I think I have had a blood clot on the palm side of my left hand, on my middle finger, underneath my knuckle. It was a purple little hard ball that didn't hurt much until a couple days ago. Now my finger is a bit swollen and red and purple ball is larger and it seems like my hand hurts all over now. I don't know what else this could be. Does this warrant a visit to dr. I don't have a primary, but I can go to either a Walgreens clinic or an urgent care.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Health

• You should call the doctor and ask them.
    harteri

Answer by harteri at 11:24 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Yes, go. A blood clot anywhere is potentially dangerous. First of all it's blocking blood flow to your finger, and secondly if it moves it could cause a heart attack or stroke. Get checked out.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:24 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• My father-in-law just lost 6 fingers over stuff like this. If you have ever smoked a day in your life get to the doctor asap. His fingers started with little sores and then started rotting from the inside out. Take my advice and go see someone even if it is nothing better safe than sorry.
    JHawk83

Answer by JHawk83 at 12:37 PM on Dec. 12, 2009