what is up with zhu zhus?

my mother is getting this little hampster things for my boys for christmas and i looked them up and they seemed pretty cool but i have also heard the have like a lot of lead in them and they are not safe for kids to have. does any one have them and if so let me know how they are and if i should let her get them for my boys?

shannonsmom555

Asked by shannonsmom555 at 11:10 AM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Shopping

• It is the "hot" christmas toy this year. Everywhere is sold out of them already. The original report that said they were un safe was found to be wrong. So your fine. There is tons of stuff to buy for your "pet" so it could grow to be a pricey collection. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Why not save yourself the hassle and buy a real damn hamster? I don't get it It's like here's your pet, but it's not real.. so have fun with that kiddo. WHY?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Would you rather have a real hamster that stinks up the room or a toy? I prefer the latter.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• we can't keep them in our store. Lines form days we get trucks to get them. Thank god I work nights cause the rumor mill was we had a huge shipment of them this morning. I think they aren't cute at all but than again I'm way older than the age group for them. And I agree we had real hamsters I'd pick a toy anyday.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:26 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I'd rather have a rat. Cleaner, friendlier than hamsters and they're not always trying to escape.
    heydooney

Answer by heydooney at 12:14 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• My 4 year old bought one a couple of weeks ago. He just saw them in Target and asked for his wallet so he could buy one. I don't really see what all the fuss is about, it just rolls around and squeaks. Kinda cute but not worth lining up for and certainly not worth paying through the nose for. I've seen them in a few stores, seems to me that reports of them being in short supply are being exaggerated to increase sales and profit margins.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 6:09 PM on Dec. 15, 2009