should i just listen to them

ok for the past week my daughter has been coughing stops breathing an turns blue i took her to the hospital they said most likely its acid reflex but know she has something else with it her eyes roll into the back of her head and she starts twitching my mom says that shes fine should i listen to them or get a second opinion she is only 4 weeks old

xxTiffanGaryxx

Asked by xxTiffanGaryxx at 11:24 AM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd take her to her pediatrician

Answer by admckenzie at 11:26 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Anytime your gut is telling you anything you should listen to your gut. Take her in to her doc and make them figure out whats going on.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 11:30 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I agree.... LISTEN TO YOUR GUT! Definitely take her to her doc. Also keep track of EVERY symptom. When it happens, what happens to her, how long it lasts, etc.....
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 11:39 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Take her to a pediatric neurologist, MONDAY!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:50 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• take her to a different doctor

evelyn334

Answer by evelyn334 at 11:58 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Always go with your maternal instincts. Mothers are just naturally attuned to their children and most pediatricians understand that. Take her to her pediatrician ASAP. I hope all turns out okay for you and your daughter!
    jessflynn

Answer by jessflynn at 12:00 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• What is your heart telling you? It sounds like seizures. You need to get that baby to a children's hospital for another doctor to look at her that is trained to deall with those types of medical issues NOW!!!

JHawk83

Answer by JHawk83 at 12:03 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Follow your instincts. I wouldn't just listen to them I'd take her in to see a different doctor.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 12:08 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Take her to a doctor, as soon as you can. If they don't help, see another one. Turning blue and not breathing isn't good for anybody, let alone a 4 week old baby, then you add the twitching and eyes rolling back? She needs to be seen. Don't ignore your instinct, and don't take no for an answer. Keep going until you get an answer.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:05 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I also agree with Krysden- log every time she does it, every detail, and take that with you to the doctor. That will help a lot in diagnosing your baby.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:06 PM on Dec. 12, 2009