is it really harder with two kids?

im pregnant with number 2, and thats all i hear from ppl is how hard it is gonna be. I have no family around and i take care of my son 24/7 he is almost 3 and he has only been watched while i went to a doctor appt once..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well it takes some getting used to. But don't let it scare you..And after 2 you'll be a pro..
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 11:31 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Its all about how you manage it, it really isnt that bad at all. Im not saying it will always be easy, but it isnt so bad that you cant handle it. Good Luck Momma
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 11:33 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I have a year old and a 6 month old. And yeah it's a little harder, but it's well worth it!
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 11:36 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Of course it is going to be at least a little harder but that's just to be expected. Not knowing you or your first child I can't honestly say what it will or won't be for you. I can say that if you go into it expecting it to be bad, then it will be so don't start borrowing trouble. "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change" (quote by Wayne Dyer)
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 11:37 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I'm 3 months pregnant and I have an 18 month old. I've heard its hard at first but the closeness in age allows them to entertain each other when they get a little older.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• LOL!!! Let's put it this way.. one is no big deal at all.... In fact, mothers of one child have no idea what being a real mother is like. YES, it's difficult. You don't really start getting your life back together until the second one reaches age two.. because before that. it's just not worth doing anything!!! Shopping... HA... You thought it was difficult with one?? NO way. This is ridiculous... two- a baby who demands attention, while the three year old will become jealous and never obey what you are telling him... trying to watch that one and take care of the little guy... And when they are sick!! Well, let' just say Lots of Luck to you. Unless your husband is planning on helping you out... you will never get any sleep.

Sorry... I don't sugar coat anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I think it was much harder with three. WHy is there no family or friends or husband to help? Have you relocated? Ask for some help from a social services or a hospital volunteer organization.
    When I had my third kid, it was so difficult because I only had two hands to hold onto the kids. And they were born within a three and a half year span of time and my husband was in the Air Force, flying off to other areas of the USA and Europe for weeks and months at a time. It was tough but my kids were really good kids. They slept well and never had meltdowns.
    Good luck!!!!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:51 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Honestly I have never had a problem! I too live far away from my family, and had to bring my daughter who was only 3 at the time to EVERY single one of my appointments.. including exams and ultrasounds! Even when I thought I was in labor I brought her with me! Once I had my 2nd daughter it wasn't much of an adjustment. The only difference was to get a new routine established! You will do fine! I still haven't gotten a break yet from either one of them, and am doing perfectly fine!!
    We even traveled 12 hours away from home for my eldest daughters surgery with our newborn who was only 2 weeks old at the time! I guess it just depends on how you can juggle your lifestyle! You will do just fine I am sure!

Oh yes, and my husband is absolutely no help!! He doesn't do the whole baby thing!! So if I can drive 12 hours, take care of a special needs child and a newborn baby, so can you!! Best of luck =)
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 11:52 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• HA! Closeness in age just gives them a reason to fight!! My kids are close and they do play, but every five mins they are fighting either for a toy or for me. It does get harder yes, but it is twice as much love and twice as many kisses and twice as many I LOVE YOU MOMMY. I love my kids but they are a handfull. It gets easier when one starts going to preschool. LOL Although I think that was one of the saddest days of my life and one of the happier days.
    JHawk83

Answer by JHawk83 at 11:54 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• In fact, mothers of one child have no idea what being a real mother is like

This is a very untrue and moronic statement. So if a womanly has one child, she's not mother? You do realize that it makes no sense whatsoever, right?
    Anonymous