Is a handsoap/lotion set a descent enough gift?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Holidays

• I'd love it. Who couldn't use this? It's very practical and one which I am sure will not be returned!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:44 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• For who? A teacher? yes...Your husband? no. It depends on who you are giving to.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:44 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Your MIL - No. A friend - yes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• For who? MIL< probably not, teacher or co-worker or friend absolutely!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:45 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• its for a SIL...its a mandatory gift lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Depends on who you are buying it for and how much you have to spend on gifts. It would be just fine for your child's teacher or Girl Scout leader, your co-worker, or similar people. If you don't have a lot of money to spend on gifts, I think it would be a good gift to give to a friend or anyone else who is not immediate family too. With all the people in our family who are unemployed this year, I'm pretty sure there are going to be lots of practical gifts like these given out.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 12:00 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• It's sort of an "I put no effort into this at all" kind of gift but other than that I guess it's fine.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 12:32 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Depends on the receiver.  Takes thought in knowing a person what they would enjoy as a gift.

Anonymous

• I agree with Kimposible , it is a generic gift idea. Personally, I despise receiving this as a gift.. I think it is a gift that you give because you have to give a gift.
    Anonymous

• I disagree with the idea that this has to be a generic gift. If my friend went to the trouble to get my favorite scent, for instance, I would consider that VERY thoughtful, and I'd love it!
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 1:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2009