Can this cause a miscarriage?

I am very very early in my pregnancy and have a toddler boy who is ALL boy. Today I got headbutted in the lower stomach very hard. Could that cause me to miscarry? Also I was wonder how you mother's out there survived having a toddler who is very very active and being pregnant. I have been beat up and hurt about 5 times today. lol. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm not sure but I would get control over that toddler before you bring home a newborn.
    Anonymous

• I would bet there are a lot of women who could answer "Me!" to that. ;-P
    You should be okay, but do try to be careful and protect yourself. And maybe it's a good time to teach your son to be careful about your belly as he will need to after baby is born (it's practice!).
    I have heard of moms who carry a pillow over their tummy for these frequent situations, too. You might need to have protection.
    ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:27 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• The baby is very well protected inside you. No a headbutt can't hurt the baby. Neither do elbow jabs, being pushed off on your stomach by elbows, hands, knees....... it hurts YOU, but it doesn't reach the baby. But you need to start telling your son that you now have a baby in your tummy and he needs to be easy. He needs to start learning now to be easy and settle down. And I sure hope you punished him for headbutting you, that's unexcusable. Stop his behavior now or your going to have a hurt infant on your hands later. I have two boys that are all boy and can get rough, but they know what's aloud and what not. Hitting, headbutting, kicking, that kind of stuff is not aloud, specially to mommy b/c it's disrespect! Good luck, and you'll be fine!
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 12:38 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Thanks to everyone for the responses. I have should added that some of his outbursts are by accident. For example, when he headbutt he he was sort of sitting between my legs and i was leaning back on my elbows. He was watching tv and all of a sudden just throws back his head. Not sure y he did this by it wasn't on purpose since he was facing the other way. Most of the times I get hurt are just by mistake. Him running around and stepping on my foot, running into me, etc. He is just super active. I sort of feel like a bad mom b/c my patience has gone out the window and I am getting very annoyed over little things. I hope some of you are with me on this. He is 20 months and we are working very hard on the gentle touch from day one. Thanks!
    Anonymous

• I wanted to add something for you Rachell. I feel like my breasts and belly are a launching off pad for him to get up when we are laying together. lol. They just love to push off on us like we dont feel anything. Thank god my boobs are not sore yet. But I have been working on that too. I am sure u understand it's hard for them to understand at this age that what they are doing is hurting us at times. My poor husband gets knee'd down below (by accident) lol.
    Anonymous

• Lol okay i got two toddlers and i am 15 weeks pregnant some days are hard.. lol some are easier.. but just one day at a time nothing else you can do
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 2:53 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• haha, yes anon, my hubby and I get the elbow push off by our 3 year old allllll the time, he just doesn't get it HURTS like crap!!!! Well that's good that your son does what he does on accident and is not purposly doing these things, I wasn't sure! Just keep gently(as gently as you can with your pregnant hormones, lol) remind him to be easy with mommy. It's taken a LONG time to get my youngest to understand there is a baby in my belly, and I think most of it is his jeleousy of my 6 year old son showing my belly baby so much attention! Just keep telling him over and over that you have a baby growing in your tummy and he has to be easy. Everytime you see a baby on tv, point it out so he can put 2 and 2 together, ya know. And you'll have to be more careful how your son sits with you, haha, grab a small pillow or something! haha
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 11:26 PM on Dec. 12, 2009