baby has been sick witch is why i think

baby has been sick witch is why i think they are pink, itchy and painful when she first starts to eat i dont have insurances or i would have called the doc what can i put on them to make them better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Health

• What are pink, itchy, and painful?
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• haha oh how stupid of my nipples they hurt when she eats
    Anonymous

• If you want to private message me, I'll try to help you.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 12:27 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• It might be thrush. Does your baby have any symptoms? Google it, and check it out. You can also Google home/OTC remedies. If it is thrush, though, be sure to treat your baby, too, even if he doesn't have any symptoms, since he could pass it back to you.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:39 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• You have thrush. Call your OB to get treated right away or it will get way worse and lead to early weaning. Also call your baby's pediatrician and get her treated too or you will just pass the infection back and forth.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:48 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• i had the same thing happen. And also had white spots on my nipples. Went to the doctors and it wasnt thrush. My doctor told me it could jus be from the heat and them staying moist. Try letting them air out and changing breast pads costantley. I walked around topless lol. If it dosent get better within a few days, then definently go to your OB.
    inay522

Answer by inay522 at 10:49 PM on Dec. 12, 2009