• In the Spotlight:

Do you tell your kids...

"Santa is watching you so you better be good" Have they ever questioned how he can see them? I don't do that but I do tell them that God is watching them. Santa does come to our house though

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No. Then I would have to fabricate an answer of why and how.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 12:34 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• No, I haven't yet, my kids are too young.

But...there's a book set called "Elf on the Shelf" that helps explain the why's and wherefore's... It comes with an elf doll that you put on a shelf or somewhere, and you move it every night while the kids are sleeping so it's always in a new place; the book explains that the elf watches the kids to see if they're naughty or nice and listens to what they want for Christmas and then reports back to Santa every night while the kids are in bed. It's a neat concept.

www.elfontheshelf.com

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:45 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Sometimes but only after they started quoting the song and telling me Santa is watching. My 3yo put me and my dad on the naughty list because we wouldn't give her a treat she wanted the other day, lol. She's a riot. She says she is Santa so I asked her what I was getting for Christmas and she said nothing since I'm on the naughty list.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:46 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Heck yes anything to help boys behave...no questions yet.. prolly because we tell them "we're gonna tell santa."
    lucy3

Answer by lucy3 at 12:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I don't understand. Why do people say that if they aren't good Santa won't bring them anything. Why don't they just say "if you aren't good WE won't get you anything" ..... *shrug* lol
    Anonymous

• No. but we don't do Santa. Our kids can be little freaks and what works for us is "I'm going to take that book away for a week."
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• No I never told my kids that but only because I always was kinda creeped out as a kid when someone told me that thinking I was being watched all the time. I did however once, hide all the gifts for my oldest two except a wrapped box that had a bag of coal in it. Lol, the expressions were priceless, then pulled out their real gifts. They are grown now and still laugh about that one. Yeah I know I'm a bad mom I like to have a little fun with them.
    lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 1:53 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Ive basically just said that he knows if they've been good or bad.

They have not questioned that.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:50 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• yep i have told my son that and i still do. i told him the way santa gets in the house is magic and only parents get to see him. i'm surprised that still works since my son is 13 now.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 3:18 PM on Dec. 12, 2009