Is having santa in school going against keeping church out of state?

Yesterday I went to my sons school and all over his classroom it was decorated Christmas, Santa clause, reindeer's and other Christmas stuff but nothing Christian related.

The question that I have would that be considered religion? I know the Christians have adopted the tree, Santa and other stuff but in my books that isn't a Christians Christmas.

Do you ladies think its ok to have all of these icones of christmas in schools?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Its fine by me. It they took away Santa then they'd have to take away the Easter Bunny, Lepricons, and the Tooth Fairy.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 12:38 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Since Santa isn't a religious figure, I don't get what you are saying.
    That being said... I do think there are a lot more kids out there praying to Santa this time of year then praying to God.
    Anonymous

• Santa has absolutely nothing to do with the Christ part of Christmas. Baby Jesus and nativity scenes would violate the separation of church and state. Santa Clause, Christmas trees, reindeer, and snowman have nothing to do with the birth of Jesus and do not violate the seaparation of church and state.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:40 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Santa Clause, Christmas trees, reindeer, and snowman have nothing to do with the birth of Jesus

And Jesus has nothing to do with Dec. 25th

happy hanukkah

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 12:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Santa is a SYMBOL of Christmas, not a RELIGIOUS one, and I don't have a problem with it. I wouldn't have a problem with other religions who feel so slighted, to have a beloved symbol of a person or animal they would like included in their "winter celebrations" either!
    Anonymous

• And Jesus has nothing to do with Dec. 25th

except that you get a day off from work with pay! lol

when other religions are given a nationally observed holiday in the United States (meaning banks, schools and government buildings are closed), then we can talk...until then....sealed lip and pass the egg nog! lololol

Anonymous

• Last time I checked Santa was not a god or religious figure. Did something happen while I was away?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:06 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Santa has nothing to do with anyone's religion or any church so why not have Santa, reindeer,etc. ? This is a non-issue. ;-)
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 1:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Oh for God's sake...yes, for GOD'S sake. Do you just want to remove Christmas altogether? If so start petitioning your lawmakers to remove CHRISTMAS as a FEDERAL holiday. Do you get in a dither if you see Santa at the mall? Are your panties bunched when you see a reindeer at the zoo?
    Anonymous

• I don't see how it is a violation....
    hannah_belle

Answer by hannah_belle at 1:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2009