christmas presents this year

If your child doesn't believe in Santa any more, would you still write a gift out from Santa to your child??

kathynej7142007

Asked by kathynej7142007 at 12:37 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yep
    Danishlady

Answer by Danishlady at 12:47 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• No, I'd rather my kids know that WE got them the gifts they wanted so much, not "santa", but hubby has always wanted to do the santa things with kids so I have to play along.
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• My IL still do this- nothing is ever really from them, but from Santa. They hand them out, and there's a ton of stuff from Santa to so and so, even the grown adults, then a few small things that they actually felt they could claim. It's a little weird to me- I never did believe in Santa, so to have gifts "from Santa" every year now just makes me laugh a little inside because it seems so strange to me.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 1:26 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Yep! Even now as adults, my sister & I get gifts from "Santa".
    Anonymous

• No, I always write from Dad or Mom on the presents. They still believe in Santa and that's fine. When they don't anymore or they learn to read that's okay. Besides, they get to pick out gifts to family members and they know its from them and not Santa, soooo at some point they'll realize all the gifts are really from us.
    oregonmom22

Answer by oregonmom22 at 2:06 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• nope, lol my daughter knows that Nana gets everything. Nana tells her it's from Santa but she knows at 5 that they're all from nana...gotta loe grandparents who will buy everything!
    mr2snafu

Answer by mr2snafu at 9:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I'm 30, and I still get a "Santa" gift. It's usually some silly little thing that my Dad has found somewhere (one year it was a little plastic moose that pooped root beer flavored Jelly Beans). My parents have started doing it for my husband, too. (The year I got the pooping moose, he got a polar bear that pooped M&M's.) For us, it's a way to sort of keep that childhood magic alive. We all KNOW the truth, but it's still fun. I plan to do the same for our kids. I don't think "Santa" will be alive for my son for much longer. He's already figured out the Tooth Fairy and we've never done the whole Easter Bunny deal, so it's only a matter of time. I just hope he'll be willing to go along with it for his little sister's sake...
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 10:54 AM on Dec. 14, 2009