What do your teens do when not at school?

If you have a teenager under 16(not driving yet), what things do they do when not in school? It seems that my 2 teens always need me to drive them somewhere or expect me to entertain them by taking them to the movies or the mall, and I'm busy on the weekends cleaning house, getting projects done for my job before Monday comes. I feel guilty when I can't make their life away from school more fun, but since they've gotten older, I have more responsibilities on my plate than I did when they were little.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• i dont have any teens but it wasnt that long ago i was one and what i did when i was 16 was going over my boyfriends house who was 22 and we would smoke pot and have way too much sex or i would go out with my friends and we would go to the mall or hang out over at guys houses...we werent very smart but u live n learn...we would drive around looking for guys we would yell at cute guys driving in the cars by us and one time we actually went over one of the guys houses that we met while driving super dumb it ended up being one of my friends old childhood freinds and we r still friends with them to this day but man were those the party times. at least ur daughter isnt doing things like i was when i was 16.
    Anonymous

• Our 13 yr old does chores, homework, playstation, plays with his brothers, rides his dirtbike, takes our dogs for walks, watches TV. We don't run around, he's not into going to the mall, we live in the country so he's outside when he can. When his Dad's home he's out with him in the shop helping him work on the vehicles, dirtbikes etc... Or we go wheeling in our jeep for the day. If they whine about staying home we give them something to keep them busy, wash cars, clean their rooms, wash trash cans, that usually keeps them from whining,lol...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:14 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• My 14 year old has a lot of homework, she babysits most Saturday nights, if all of her work is finished by Sunday afternoon, we go to a movie or do something else fun (unless she has plans with a friend). If she is going somewhere during the day, she is expected to walk, ride her bike or take public transit.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:46 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• When they were under 16 (they are now 18, 19, 21 and 23) they were busy with sports or with spending time with friends here (where it was supervised) or they'd go down to the beach, hang out the library, take walks around the village and in the summer they'd take the bus to the mall and hang out there. On Saturdays they'd go to teen dance night at the local skating rink or to the movies with a large group of friends or bowling on teen night at the locaal bowling alley. Saturdays were my and hubby's date nights since the boys always had plans. On Fridays we had family game night or family movie night and on Sundays we went out as a family to the movies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:56 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• I don't have a teenager, but when my extracurriculars didn't take up my weekends, I was with a much older boyfriend (just hanging out, not having sex), goofing around with my friends at one of their houses, hanging out at the bookstore, going for coffee, taking my best friend's younger sisters to the park, and the occasional pot-smoking circle with in between study breaks.
    Anonymous

• My son hangs out with friends, or hangs with his girlfriend "supervised". My son is a computer geek so he does spend time on the computer writing programs and listenin to music. They are old enough to tell them you are not the "entertainment committee". They have legs they can walk, or they are old enough to take public transportation. Stay strong you are doing a great job..
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 9:02 PM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Well im 16 and all I do is take care of my daughter.They need to understand..
    08-22-09

Answer by 08-22-09 at 12:53 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• My kids also have to be driven and picked up if they go anywhere because we live in a very rural area. My 14 yr old sometimes goes to a friends house (we drive him over and pick him up) or has a friend here. Generally he plays on his computer, plays his guitar, watches T.V., talks to us....that's when he's not in Martial Arts class which is 3 - 4 nights a week.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 10:19 PM on Jan. 8, 2010