Ipod lost all songs??

My boyfriends mom found an ipod and gave it to him for his birthday....it had over 2000 songs and movies on it. He tried to plug it into the computer but something happened and the computer was restarted, now all of the songs are gone. Are they on the computer? Or just lost forever?

Samie8183

Asked by Samie8183 at 12:49 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Technology

• It depends- were they ever on his PC? The songs may be on whichever computer the Ipod was originally linked to. I know that when you lose songs on your PC, you can upload them one more time without a charge (all purchased items) however, I'm not sure how that works because he hasn't attached that ipod to that computer. Call his mom and see where the songs came from. Also, there's something on your itunes where you can find all songs...try that. Good luck!
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 2:52 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• they may not be lost
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 4:25 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• At this stage in the game, I'd say they're gone.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 8:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2010