2nd pp period, very heavy bleeding. Anyone relate?

Had a ces., still bfing, had first period last month. Long and heavy. This one is very heavy (soaking pad in 2 hours) and wearing me out. I've never had a period this heavy that I can recall. Can't find anything stating it's normal for your body to do this or not. Just curious before I call the nurse.

rlemde

Asked by rlemde at 12:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Health

• I had the same thing. I too had a c-section and BF. My first three or four periods were REALLY heavy-so bad I was exhausted and could barely leave the house bc I was changing a tampon and pad so often. I was told it was my body adjusting to everything and it is not that bad anymore. It is heavier than before baby but not as bad as right after now.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 1:14 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I had a c-section plus I breastfed for 8 months. I didn't get my period back until 9 mos PP. I guess I was lucky. But when my periods did return, they were the same as they were before I had my son.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:28 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Thanks. Yah last month was month #11. So it's been a while. I hate body adjusting crap.
    rlemde

Answer by rlemde at 1:40 PM on Dec. 12, 2009