Almost 39 weeks, what are your thought on castor oil to go into labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you want to try to bring on labor have sex and have your nipples and breast stimulated by your partner. The nipple stimulation releases a hormone that can cause contractions. Believe it or not thats how I went into labor with my second child, lol.
    Anonymous

• Don't do it, old wives tail.
    When my mam was having my older brother and a lady was in the ward with horrible cramping pains all because she took castor oil.
    When baby is ready to come he/she will come the longer the baby is in there the better enjoy your free time because you'll be really busy when baby comes.
    Best of luck
    laika

Answer by laika at 1:03 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• If it worked everyone would do it. You are just liable to clean your system out and you don't really need the cramping from that right now. Hang in there. You've waited this long, a couple more weeks will pass quickly.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 1:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Why not just let labor start when your body is ready? That castor oil thing is disgusting and probably won't work. You only have a week, I'm guessing. Most will start labor at 40 weeks. Be patient. ;-)
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 1:47 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• You need to start thinking of your baby and not yourself it is what being a mother is all about suck it up your baby will come when she or he is ready
    Anonymous