What's your favorite Christmas memory?

I remember sitting around the huge tree in my grandparents' home sipping cocoa after all the kids were called in from their sledding time. Our grandparents would sit in their recliners and Grandpa would read us "The Red Ranger Came Calling" by Berkeley Breathed. It is a story about the Red Ranger of Mars discovering the real Santa Claus during the Depression Era. Even though my grandparents have both passed away, my brother and I still read that book every Christmas to the next generation of kids! After all, it is a Christmas tradition!

jessflynn

Asked by jessflynn at 1:00 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have so many, I don't know how to choose! I remember one Christmas Eve, me and my brother were going to sleep. We were about 4 and 8, and were sleeping in the same bed bc for some reason, though we fought every other day of the year, we were inseparable on Christmas. We were lying there trying to go to sleep, shaking with excitement of the next morning, and my mom comes in and tells us that we'd better go to sleep because Santa was due to be flying over our state. We hear jingle bells and noises on the roof! Omg, we were frantic, lol....it was Santa! Well, actually...it was my dad, of course, jingling bells and throwing sticks up onto the roof, I later came to realize, lol. I love this memory because it reminds me of a day when I was so innocent, when my now grown brother clutched me in excitement, when he was my LITTLE brother. I truly BELIEVED in magic. That's what it was like to be a child. Sometimes I forget.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:20 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• The time my grandma was getting the Christmas ham out of the oven & she dropped it on the floor & the cat tried to drag it away.
    Anonymous

• I was 4 or 5, my sis was 7 or 8 and we were pretending to be puppies. we just kept playing around the tree, and slept under the tree. Thats one of my favorite memories because there are so few memories I have of us as kids where we werent tearing each other apart. We fought alot! Now we are best friends, but growing up we were enemies lol
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:02 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Stefanie, you just told my favorite memory, except it was with my sister and I.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:10 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• My VERY best Christmas memory, was the year I was 11 and I had, a few years before that, lost my absolute favorite teddy bear. I had had him since I was born. I cried myself to sleep for nearly 2 years straight. 4 days before Christmas, I started getting sick...2 days before, I was diagnosed with penumonia.
    Christmas morning, I was laying on the couch, sick as a dog, coughing my brains out, watching my brothers open their gifts when my mom brings a small, tissue paper wrapped package to me and says "Here's a special one from me to you". I joked "What is it? Cough drops?" I started to open it and what greets me but the smiling face of my teddy bear!!!!!!!! My mom had found him a few weeks earlier while looking through the attic closet, wrapped in an old blanket. I don't think I'll ever get such a great present as long as I live :)
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 2:21 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Aside from that ^, I will always remember my brother coming in and waking me up to go spy and see what Santa left for us :) We had the wood floor memorized so that we could step on the planks that wouldn't creak so that we could look through everything before my mom woke up and realized we weren't in bed!
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I dont have one specific. I just always remember the excitement of running out my bedroom door to see all the gifts under the tree and how pretty it was to see the tree lit and the gifts under it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:44 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• my best christmas was when i was about 9 or 10 and thats when we all (me and my sisters)got a bike to share.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 3:13 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Hearing my Grandpa read the account in Luke and Matthew of the birth of Christ. Pretty soon he won't be doing it anymore, which makes me sad. That has always been my favorite part of Christmas, the entire family crowding into my grandparents living room and kitchen to hear him read that same passage, every year.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I have 2 favorite memories. First, I loved making banana pudding with my Grandma. And on Christmas Eve, we'd all pile into our aunt and uncle's cars and drive around and look at the lights all over town. I'd give almost anything to have that back!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:03 PM on Dec. 12, 2009