Help Advice Need-Tips on handling a new preg. and a toddler

Hi All,

No bashing please. I am nearly pregnant and have a toddler. I am getting very annoyed and don't have the patience I once did with him. Has anyone been in this situation? I just feel so moody and hormonal. On top of it all he has been sick the last week which means not much sleep. So now he is off schedule and skipping his naps, etc. He is fighting us to take naps etc. I finally put him in his crib and am letting him CIO for his nap. Instead of the crying breaking my heart like it use to , it's annoying me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sounds like you need a break.
    Anonymous

• I know what its like having a toddler who won't sleep. My daughter fights bed time. Sometimes you just jave to be persistent. If he cries, let him...as long as you know that he is safe it'll be ok. There's nights when my daughter cries because she doesn't want to go to bed. Sinc I know the difference between her hurt cry and her attention cry, I know when it's ok to not respond. Hang in there! It'll get better!
    CTC7122006

Answer by CTC7122006 at 1:46 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• CIO is proven harmful, it hurts him, and it hurts you.... So stop. It's not HELPING him sleep anyway. Try to keep your grip on things and stay positive. That's your job as the mom. Don't be afraid to ask for some help.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 6:10 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Well....My first two are 16mos apart so my first was very young like 7 mos when I found out and I guess the hardest part was the exhaustion. Some kids stop naps earlier than others. I am not against CIO but if he has never fought his nap before I would not choose that method. I do it to get them in their bed and within 3 days they are fine BUT if you are at your wits end and you have no relief its best to let him CIO for a short period. I never have help so I had to do that when my middle child was a baby because she was colicky.
    Anonymous