Whats this "Holiday Tree"?

Whats the deal with the "Holiday Tree"? Has no one noticed that the Christian/Catholic religion is the only one with a tree? All the other holidays have some other symbol they use for there holiday. So why is the Christmas tree being bashed on? Were not going to start calling the Menorah, "Holiday Candel Holder", or the Kwanzaa Kinara, " The Black, Green and Red Candles". So whats with the tree, leave it alone its been a Christmas tree for centuries, LEAVE IT ALONE!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My thoughts exactly!!!!!
    MommyCakesinTX

Answer by MommyCakesinTX at 1:33 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I have a Christmas Tree.
    Anonymous

• You are misinformed. Other holidays do celebrate with a tree, thus a holiday tree is one that might be used as a decoration for any holiday. And actually I have seen Menorahs sold as "holiday candle holders".

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 1:34 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• No, the Christian/Catholic religion is NOT the only one with a tree. The tree actually has nothing to do with Christianity. It came into fashion as "Christmas tree" in the Victorian era, but was a sacred symbol in pagan religions for a long time before that.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 1:36 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Incidentally, you might have a Christmas Tree (once you use it for that purpose I think that is the most rational title), but the store will sell said trees to anyone who wants to use it for any holiday. I have a symbol of the continuation of life, I have a friend who has a "Yule Pine" & I knew of a Jewish family once who put up a "Winter Tree" as part of their Hanukkah decorations.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• OP your so off by so much. Get off your high horse and get over your self. You sound like your all that when your NOT. Its never been a christmas tree, its a HOLIDAY TREE from the pagans. I personally call it a Yule/Holiday tree because i am wiccan
    Anonymous

• http://www.religioustolerance.org/xmas_tree.htm
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 1:40 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• what jessradtke said

you should wikipedia Christmas Tree 

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 1:40 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• So what other Holidays celebrate with a tree?
    Anonymous

• Pagans celebrate with trees for Solstice/Yule. It's where the Christians got the idea, in the OT they even mention the pagans who decorated trees with silver and gold....long before Christianity/Christmas.

Anonymous