How long do you have to stimulate your nipples to start contractions?

Is there a certain way to do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I used a breast pump with my second...I did each breast for fifteen minutes with a ten minute break? all afternoon? I can't really remember how long sorry
    Anonymous

• it did not work for me and neither did caster oil i ended up having to be induced after pooping all night and having my but bleed from going to the bathroom so much...but i used a breast pump about 10-15 min on each side for an hr then quit i did it for a total of 2 hrs and nothing happened just made my boobs really sore if ur using ur hands pinch ur nipple and twist it will hurt but idk how long it takes cuz it didnt work
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 2:12 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Let your baby come when it is ready. Its better for the both of you.

I would only try other methods if you're overdue--around 42 weeks pregnant.
    Anonymous

• Lol just like you would if you werent pregnant i guess.. lol sorta play with them i guess it worked for me..
    Anonymous

• according to one of my prego books you have to do it about 8 hrs a day a few times a week. So I think you're better off just waiting.
    Anonymous

• I guess as long as foreplay takes. After foreplay and intercourse I started having contractions a few hours later. Don't stress about it. Just enjoy it. Believe me once the baby comes your gonna be to tired for any lovin...
    Anonymous