period after baby

how long normally does it take u to get ur period after u have a baby...i just had a baby october 8th and i still havent gotten mine

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ok when was the last time you had sex? could you be pregnant again?
    JHawk83

Answer by JHawk83 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• breastfeeding will delay the return of your period, if you are breastfeeding then it is perfectly normal that it hasn't returned. Not bfding, I think 6-8 wks is normal.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:00 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• After my son and I was exclusivly breastfeeding i got my period one time from the time I quit bleeding after having him. Breastfeeding never made me miss my period, but it did my sister. Everyone is different so you will just have to wait and find out. But I do believe the 6 weeks is about right.
    JHawk83

Answer by JHawk83 at 2:10 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Mine returned in 6 weeks even though I was EBF. I think it is different for everyone though it is true that in a lot of cases EBF can cause a delay. -darn my luck!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:35 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I had my first real period at 11 months post partum- I had spotting when I missed a pill, but no period before that. I BF and am taking the mini pill.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:12 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I was c-section, and I had a constant bleeding for about two months after having my baby. Then I had a week without, then three weeks on, then two weeks without, then two weeks on. It turned out the birth control I was on was messing with my cycle.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 3:54 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I had a c-section, it took about a month for me to get my period, I had stopped bleeding like a week or 2 after I had my daughter, then about 2 or 3 weeks later I got my period. It lasted about a month. Then I got it like regular on the 20th of nov. and I assume it will be coming soon this month.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 4:21 PM on Dec. 12, 2009