Underwear

My 10 year old step-daughter hates to change her panties. After telling DH a million times she doesnt change, I decided to not say anything and see how long it would take her to change them on her own. I marked her undies with a marker. Well it was 1 whole month. I know its gross, and some may think I should of made her change but I had to prove to DH that she doesnt change, and that shes been lying about changing them. Does anyone know of any heath risks that come when u dont change..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• yeast infection and stinkiness the vagina cleans itself and goes into ur undies so she has a month worth of old vaginal fluid in her underwear nasty.
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 2:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Ewww...
    She can get all kinds of infections. I do know that.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:20 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Does she otherwise keep herself clean? Bathing regularly, changing socks, clothes, etc? What about at moms house? Does she change there or is it the same story?

I don't know of any specific health risks, but it is gross. I would be more worried about why she's not changing them. Is there some sort of history of abuse (sometimes people who've been abused will not keep themselves clean as a defense mechanism)? My 7 yo ds sometimes needs reminders to change his underwear (especially if he's wearing his favorite ones), but he will change them, and would not go more than a couple days without changing on his own.

It sounds like you can "make" her change them, so I'd be looking into why she doesn't do it on her own, especially if she otherwise is decently groomed.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:34 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Def. yeast infections.. like monroe said you vagina is like "a self cleaning oven" it cleans itself out daily.. so underwear should def. be changed everyday.
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 2:36 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Sooo let me see if I've got this right - even after taking a shower or bath she puts the dirty undies back on? How often is she bathing/showering? Do you see her in her underwear every day that you know she was wearing that pair every day, or is it possible that the "marked" pair was at the bottom of a clean pile and she really did change them and didn't get to that pair for a month?
    Anonymous

• I know she doesnt change them, I NEVER see her panties in the dirty clothes, she has shirts, pants, t-shirts and socks in there but no panties. We did have a huge problem with her changing socks as well. She will wear the same t-shirt for days if we dont say something, she wont listen to me, dad always has a huge fight to get her to wear different clothes, she will fight and argue that she changed them or there clean ones the same color or what ever. She only has one pair of plain pink ones.
    Anonymous

• Why not go in and take the dirty clothes out as soon as she's in the shower or in her pajamas?
    Don't leave it up to her.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 4:54 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Yeast infections, UTI's, bladder infection, liver or kidney infection. GROSS!!!!!!!! Give her clean underwear with her pj's every night. She gets no choice.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:38 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• when she baths the new clothes get laid out for her. End of issue. yes it can cause yeast infections and it's just plain gross. :0)
    Anonymous

• Bring her to the store and tell her you guys are going to pick out some new undies. She gets to pick as long as they are "acceptable ones" and not slutty looking ones they sell for little girls. Maybe it's just that she always wants to wear the pink ones and will pick out multiple pairs that are pink. Or maybe there will be some "character" ones that appeal to her (hannah montana maybe.) When you get home you explain cleanliness and how she needs to change them and all that stuff.
    Anonymous