Do You ever feel like "bad things" happen to you more than other people??

I was curious. I have had a hard life and it feels like I am being tested or punished or something. I realize that other ppl have problems too but there are ppl that lead seemingly charmed lives. I used to believe that a charmed life was a myth untill I heared a woman on the radio talking about how evrything she touched has always seemed to turn to gold. How about you? Do you, are you cursed or charmed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I believe in the power of positive thinking! If you think everything's bad then it will be. Try and put a positive spin on things that have gone on, maybe that will help. Also be thankful for what you have, not unhappy about what you don't have..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• i have had a hard life but it has made me who i am today and although i would like my parents to stop using drugs and have actually had a childhood instead of raising my brothers or not to have gotten molested by my dad just to name a few...i dont think i am being tested but when things do go bad i dont freak out and think its the end of the world like our tv broke and we have 2 other tv's in the house and my hubby is getting all worked up about it saying that nothing can ever go right...i think there r a lot worse things that could happen i have learned to take things in stride and enjoy life....life is what u make it rich poor in between it dosent matter its ur out look on life that matters and makes everything a lot easier
    Anonymous

• LOL I so know how you feel but I figured out recently (sadly it took me a while to actually get it through my head) That if I dwell on the bad things and only see the bad things coming, the bad in ever situation, and always think how horrid things have been for me then they always get worse.

I finally got sick of hit after hit of bad things (trust me I had a 5 year period of time that SUCKED really bad) Now when bad things happen i look for the good i think positive about how i can work this out and i try to have a good out look, I found that if I believe life is good then it is, I know it sounds crazy but it works, we have a tendancy to drag ourselves down with our emotions, try having a positive outlook and making the best of everything. Mind over matter it works:) There are some really good books on self help about little things you can do to make yourself feel good that can help your outlook no matter how bad it gets
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I believe it is a mixture of both with a swing towards the cursed. No matter how hard we try crap happen tjo my family. I have lost 2 children to different illnesses. My youngest is bipolar and not able to functiuon in school. We are challenged in getting enough work hours to pay the bills, My DH was very injured in an accident several years ago and struggles eith misc health and chronic pain issues. I have PTSD and can get into depression easily. Yet, we have a modest house in a nice neighborhood, and children for the most part are healthy. Our car broke down last week but a friend has been generous in allowing us to utilize hers. so see mixed bag. Gotta look for your silver linings for sure!!
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 2:25 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• If anything bad can happen it will happen to me, but on the other hand I was blessed twice which is more than I ever thought would happen. All in all I have a really hard life and a lot of it I brought on myself but some I just do not get where it comes from and I feel like I am being punished. My mom always said it comes back ten-fold, but she never said it would be this bad. I make myself look at the good things like my kids and my family, but I get down on it because man everything just goes wrong at once.
    JHawk83

Answer by JHawk83 at 2:29 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I think it has a lot to do with your outlook on life. My younger sister and I had relatively the same up bringing, but she always sees the bad of our childhood and I see the good. It is the same for the rest of our life. I look for happiness and she wallows in sadness and strife.
    As an example.... Our money situations. I am married and have three children and make 1/2 what her and her husband make. We live happily within our means and are willing to work harder if and when we have to. She was sick this time last year and was out of work for six weeks. Since she has been back to work she is allowed to work three overtime shifts a week. Instead of doing that she bitches and complains that she is still trying to make up for what happened to her a year ago. If it was me I would have worked as many overtime days as possible to make up for the time I was out.
    She bitches and whines while I work hard to fix the problem.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes but only in relation to those I know. I realize that in this big ole world many are worse off.

However, I do feel it sometimes and feel like it comes in waves.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Simple answer, yes. I have to hear about one friends "amazing life" all the time and seriously mine just sucks most of the time. I'm not saying nothing good ever happens but it seems like we struggle a whole lot and have had a lot of tragedies and hard times which is true for both of us our whole lives. It's just hard to get away from the feeling that we feel "punished" somehow. I would love to say my life is amazing and there are times I think that until something really bad happens to totally and completely ruin that feeling and it never fails. Tends to make a person avoid a positive outlook so they don't get hurt when the seemingly good time crashes down.
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 2:59 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I've been through A LOT. But, you h ave to take the good with the bad
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 3:05 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• When I was in Portugal, I talked to a lot of women who all said these exact words:

"I have suffered more than anyone."

Now, thinking logically they can't ALL of suffered more than anyone.

I'm going to agree with earlier anon, I think we all suffer a lot, and all have good things too - but perspective really makes all the difference.
    Anonymous