Are we doomed?

Things have been really stressful for me and my SO lately. He's a disabled Vet fighting with the VA for benefits. He can't find a job in our town cause he's on a cane. I'm 39 weeks pregnant and it's a high risk pregnancy. TANF hasn't come in yet so we're really strapped for cash. Some where along the way we just sort of stopped comunicating. Last night I told SO that I didn't think we were ready to get married yet and that I wanted to put it off. Well for the first time in 3 months we really talked. We realized that we aren't going to last if things don't get better. I've been getting really paraniod and in response he doesn't talk to me. A good friend of ours has been pushing us to end our relationship so we don't end up hating eachother. She's having problems with the father of her children. SO agrees with me that there is still something between us. He says he's just not sure if we can work it out. I think this is... cont.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• OP

of our friend pushing us to end it. We've been together for 3 years. Every time we've had issues before we've worked them out. I think that once TANF comes through and our son is born things will get a little better because there won't be as much stress. So am I holding on to something I shouldn't be or should I keep fighting to make our relationship work?
    Anonymous

• if you love him then keep fighting. my finace and i have been really stressed and fighting....but if you two love eachother then that is all that matters. I can understand where you're coming from with the money issue...hang in there. unless you feel that he is going to become violent towards you and the baby, it's worth trying to fix. if you both agree that there's something there then it's worth it. good luck :-)
    CTC7122006

Answer by CTC7122006 at 3:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• also, maybe try counseling.....there are plenty of free counseling services available.
    CTC7122006

Answer by CTC7122006 at 3:11 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I agree with CTC. Something comes to mind to me that might be something your guy can relate to. Have you ever heard of two football teams coming together for that week's match, one has an awesome record and everyone is certain that they will win. However, when the game is actually played...it does not go down as predicted and the team that no one expected to win does. THAT is the reason that they play the game...if only the record coming into the game mattered, there would be no reason to play. Now while your well-meaning friend may feel like your 'team' doesn't have a great record and can't win....You must play the game to find out for certain. If you love him....then keep on fighting. : )
    Anonymous