Unexplained fever a few hours before grandma's death.

I was just thinking, and this may seem far fetched to some but here goes.
My grandma was slowly dying of cancer, but she'd been on meds and was taking to them well. This last March, she took us all by surprise and passed away that night. (She wasn't living with us, she lived a few miles away.)
A few hours before the time she died, I suddenly came up with a fever of 102. I wasn't sick, had been feeling great, etc. I just kept getting colder and colder as my fever went up and I couldn't do anything to keep warm. Not long after I got the call that my grandma had died, the fever broke instantly and I was fine. This was all within a period of about 3-4 hrs, if that.
So I was just wondering if somehow, subconsiously, I "knew." I'm not a huge believer in these kind of things, but I do believe things are possible. Just wondering what you all think!

jmpeskie

Asked by jmpeskie at 2:40 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hmmm. It could be... there are strange things that happen!
    I do believe that often people themselves know when their time is up and others may somehow know too. When my grandfather died, his sister visited him a couple days beforehand. She did this because she had a dream that she went to see him at his home and when she knocked my grandmother (long deceased) answered the door. She was young and healthy, and she called my grandfather to the door and he was young and healthy as well. She woke up with the strong feeling she had to see him ASAP- he died two days after her visit. Similarly, my grandmother passed away in October. The day before her death she told various people that she heard her late husband's voice calling her. The evening that she died one of her kids said he would see her tomorrow and she said "I won't be here tomorrow." She was right- she passed in her sleep before midnight that night.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:50 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I've heard of all kinds of things happening like that. It's very possible.

Catrin2009

Answer by Catrin2009 at 3:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Well, i got a story alot like that. My mother dyed if cancer last week. she dyed at 2:00 in the morning. We all just left there at 11:00 that night. My husband was home watching our 19 month old daughter and as we was leaving the nursing home to go home that night, my husband called me and said that our daughter woke up scream her head off and would not let him put her down and he asked her what was wrong and she told him "mamaw". I knew something was gonna happen to her that night cause of my daughter. I strongly believe that that was the cause of your headache. Cause if your really close with someone and if something is gonna happen to them i believe you can sense stuff like that. If you need me add me and we'll keep in touch.
    CandyMama231

Answer by CandyMama231 at 3:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• "fever" not "headache" sorry about that.
    CandyMama231

Answer by CandyMama231 at 3:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• OP here-I've just tried Googling stories like mine but can't find a thing about it. Anyone with a link to anything would also be greatly appreciated!
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 3:18 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• When I was really little like 5 or 6 I can't really remember, anyways I had a dream I was walking through a big open meadow with my grandpa and I asked him if he had died. He asked me why I would ask that. I told him because everyones talking about having your funeral on friday. He said oh not yet but I will be gone before friday. I hugged him and said goodbye then I woke up. He died 2 days later.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 5:37 PM on Dec. 12, 2009