I need an antidepression medication that is okay to take while pregnant?

i know i should talk to my doctor but i wanted to do a little research before i went about the different types of antidepression medications.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• MY friend took zoloft while pregnant, IDK what disorder you have but she had been taking Paxil, and that is what they switched her to good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:13 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• the doctor can tell you the different names, then you can tell him youll get back to him. Then go home, get on google and search the names and reviews
    Anonymous

• Only your Dr will be able to tell you, even after all your research he is the only one that can tell you if you should or not . \
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:13 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I took Effexor XR while pregnant.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:19 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• i say ask your doctor what options are available and ask him/her for information on them. don't be afraid to request a sit down meeting with your dr and take the time to thoroughly discuss all your options and ask every question you can think of. It's good to research yourself, but remember that the web is not always the most reliable place so always check with your doctor no matter what. and if your dr isnt willing to take time with you and answer your questions until you fell comfortable with your decision, then look for a new dr. also, maybe try some therapy as well...if you can get through it without meds, that would be good too. Not to be repetitive but always talk to your dr!
    CTC7122006

Answer by CTC7122006 at 3:19 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• oh, i forgot, also check with the food and drug adminstration....and check national recall lists as well to make sure that there were no recalls on anything
    CTC7122006

Answer by CTC7122006 at 3:21 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I was on 20mg of Lexapro during my first pregnancy with the ok of my doctor. I'm pregnant again and am again, going to be on 20mg of Lexapro
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 3:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Wellbutrin worked great during my pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• i was on Vistraril while i was nursing my son, the dr said that it was also safe to take while pregnant. but my friend was on something and found out she was preggo and her dr pulled her off her meds...talk with your doctor. they will know what should work for you.
    mr2snafu

Answer by mr2snafu at 6:57 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I take zoloft 25 mg.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Dec. 13, 2009