Do you think this is a tacky gift? I won't be offended-LOL!

Hi, I sell professional beauty supplies, like Redken, OPI, Pureology and alot of other stuff, one time a year I get a great discount on it! I can buy my daycare worker, SIL, MIL enough really great stuff to last them ALL year, last year my MIL wrinkled her nose and said thought I should just "provide" these things when she asked, except for this time of year, not much more discount than what I sell it for, do I just bypass it? I have a limit and trust me, I can use it for my own family, and if so what to buy for MIL--I think she might believe I get this stuff for free--my hubby told her no, but IDK, please help!!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 3:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Holidays

• That is very ungrateful on her part. How rude of HER! lol. I agree with the rest I would be grateful to get anything. We usually buy only for the kids too. I stop buying for people who make rude comments. My aunt last year called my mom and made a big deal because I had very nice professional glossy Christmas cards made with our picture on it. She complained and said how rude I was because I didn't take a sharpie and write a personal note on these expensive cards. Um no I'm not drawing on $4 a piece cards. Soooo this year she didn't get a card at all. My mom got a call "Well I didn't get a card and everyone else did already where is mine?" and my mom told her "Hey shouldn't be so ungrateful and hurt someones feelings when they're trying to do something nice for you if you want them to keep being nice" I got an apology letter in the mail two days later haha.
    Anonymous

• i dont think its tacky. Id be happy to get that stuff, haha! They should be lucky youre buying for them anyways. Most my family only buys for the kids. lol
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 3:10 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I am only buying for my kids this year...so guess what...I'd be HAPPY to get ANYTHING this year!
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 3:12 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• i agree with PP....that stuff is expensive....I love it but i can't afford it, iusually buy the cheap stuff so i would love getting stuff like that! as for your MIL. if she doesn't like it then oh well.....i was raised to believe that if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all. so if she can't accept your gift, then oh well...her loss.....besides the whole meaning of Christmas is giving, not getting...she should be lucky enough to have a family who wants to get her anything :-) good luck....oh and i mean no offense towards your family
    CTC7122006

Answer by CTC7122006 at 3:15 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• heck no! Those are awesome gifts! If they don't want them, send them my way! haha
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 3:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Thanks, I think I will just buy a nice candle set, my sales are in the tank and we can't afford it anyway! So I will get the stuff for my family and daycare provider and candles for ALL LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• That would be something that I would personally love!
    Anonymous

• That would be something that I would personally love! ......especially if you as the professional matched it to their needs, colored hair, straight style, long locks, etc., and the perfect product to accompany their specific style. Excellent gift if you ask me.
    Anonymous

• I agree those are awesome gifts!! people should be happy with whatever they get.. but sounds like yours are getting really nice stuff!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 3:48 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I don't think it is. Tell her to kiss your a$$. Don't buy her anything, and see how she likes it. UGH.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 4:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2009