how did you get ride of your thurst?

im using lansinoh

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Health

• Thrush? Your baby should see a Dr. Thrush is a yeast infection in the mouth. It can be very painful for your baby and yourself. GL
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:25 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• If you mean thrush, then I cleared it up with gentian violet. I did see the Dr because both my son and I had it and we were prescribed Nystatin twice and it didn't work. Then I contacted a LC. She recommended the GV, and it worked great, cleared it up and it didn't come back.

I was told to swab the inside of baby's mouth and my nipples (don't redip the swab or you'll contaminate the bottle) once a day for 7 days. I've seen other amounts, but that's what worked for us. It is very messy, it will stain clothes and skin, so if you use it, wear old clothes, use lots of bibs and expect some stains, very dark purple stains. At any rate, you will need to treat both you and baby (if you are bf'ing) and sterilize everything that goes in baby's mouth - pacis, bottles, toys, everything. Good luck.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:17 PM on Dec. 12, 2009