Are you guilty?

of stereotyping single mothers? What are some of the assumtions you make?
do you think single mothers are better/worse moms?
single women, do you ever feel jealous of married moms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• No. I cant imagine how difficult it must be, to juggle working and raising kids all in a day, especially if they are young kids. It really depends on how the mom is if she is a better or worse parent.
    Anonymous

• From what I've experienced,alot of them made poor choices in men which resulted in their situations.I've never met one that was widowed.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 3:38 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• It depends on why they are a single mom... If they tried to trap a man by getting pregnant, or anything along those lines, then no, I neither admire, nor feel sorry for them. If it's like my MIL, where the kids father disappeared for days at a time, didn't work and drank a little too much, which caused her to leave him, yes I admire them. My MIL is strong and independent, she raised her 3 kids pretty much alone, a set of twins and then her other son(my hubby) and they are barely 2 years apart, she worked full time to provide for them, sewed things, saved enough money to buy a house. THAT I admire, she kept herself and kids off wellfare and didn't once break the law keeping her fam afloat. She doesn't even have a college education!
    All the other single moms who throw their own pity parties bug me, even married moms who whine about how bad they have it, when they don't!
    Anonymous

• I've actually been both a single mom and a married Mom. I have learned not to judge either of them.
    Anonymous

• LOL sometimes I am jealous of my divorced friends because they get everyother weekend off!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:15 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• no i dont stereo type single moms i know a few single moms who have their lives more together and are better moms than some married ones i know
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 5:30 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I never thought about single mothers any differently than I did women who were married or had a steady BF. My parents were together 20+ years and life with them was hell, so if a woman is smart enough to realize a man (or a man is smart enough to realize a woman) is no good in their life anymore, than I think it is very responsible of that person to realize that they could do a better job alone. What I dont like is when a single mother starts dating a new man, and practically ditches her kids for that new man. case in point my MIL. She moved in with her new BF and he told her my DH(he was still in high school at the time) couldnt move in with her, so she LEFT HER CHILD! sure he was 17, but still, thats still a kid, he ended up moving in with me and my family.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:08 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I am a single mom and he__ NO I don't envy married moms! It was easier on me when I divorced bc men are bigger babies than kids are.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Well i am a single mom, and i'll admit i made a bad choice in my ex. but every situation is different, my MIL was a single mother because when S/O was 6 his dad walked out on them both, said "i have no son" and never came back. But she never gave up, did her best to raise her son and my S/O is an amazing man and i have no doubt its because she raised him right, single or not.
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 8:29 PM on Dec. 12, 2009