WHY?

Honestly, I am tired of race. Why cant we all just get along. Why cant people stop judginf eachother because of a outward color? Why do whites better accociate with eachother? Why do blacks associate with eachother? We are all people. This is not what I want to raise my child with all this judging in the world!

mrsjosey1018200

Asked by mrsjosey1018200 at 3:39 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• NOT POSSIBLE.  I'M SURE YOU CAN FIND OTHERS TO DISLIKE .  LET YOUR CHILD FIND HER OWN WAY. I ONLY NEED TO LIKE ONE PERSON THAT FEELS THE SAME.   SORRY BUT ALL GROUPS BRING IT ON THEM SELFS

Anonymous

• NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO TELL ME WHO TO LIKE. NOT OPENED MINDED OR TOLERANT ANYTHING. AND IF OTHERS DO NOT LIKE ME, GOOD!!!! STAY AWAY PLEASE.

Anonymous

• I am not sure we would ever get to a point where EVERYONE got along...different races or different faiths. We can however change the world one person at a time, by working on ourselves and the way we raise our children and hopefully the impact we have on those who are close to us or just know us. My grandparents are racist, my mom and dad were, but really tried not to be and my siblings and I aren't...I married a great guy from a different race than myself. I personally know two interracial couples and have seen many many more out and about and around on cafe mom.

~Bumblebee

Anonymous

• It's an animal thing. Different species tend to stay with the ones that look like them.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:06 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• But we are all the same species (humans). Orange cats still hang out with speckled cats.

Anonymous

• God made us into different tribes and nations... but we are supposed to get along. Be the best person you can be with everyone and leave the rest to their own. You can only really deal with your self. although you can try to explain things to others usually for those that have race issues.. it takes alot to over come it.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:15 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I know people will go postal, thinking everyone should except everyone. I do not, I do not want to live near any group, just last week I don't know who, played some stupid noise all night not even obeying  our Law's.  Look take religion, we run around saying happy Hanukkah but we cant say Merry Christmas.

Anonymous

• lolololol i do agree with anon. i think it's kind of messed up. not so sure why they want to take merry christmas out by keep happy hanukkah or happy valentines day (as if everyone has a valentine).
    Anonymous

• I don't know if humans are ever capable of this but you can only be responsible for you. I look at a whole person. And yes race is a part of that, but I am far more concerned with who you are on the inside than who you are on the outside. That is how I have raised my children and they are people with good hearts. So OP you keep teaching your child to judge based on a person's heart not their skin color. We may not change the world but we can affect our own part of it.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:27 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• You are already doing something to change that by raising a child to see beyond race. Education on what "race issues" are really about would go a LONG way in this world.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 5:13 PM on Dec. 12, 2009