unexpected pregancy at age 43 any one out there preg at this age please let me know

i am preg at 43 it was not supose to happen condom broke just at the end when hubby came. i am so scared that this baby will not be normal. becasue of my age and just not eatting right before this happen. i am 4 wk's preg. i tried for a year and a half to get preg with my daughter. this time when i got preg i was not even at the right time of the month to get preg. i am so scared. if any one can releave my worries please do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Don't worry, had my son at 39, and am actually considering doing it again, good luck, no stress and happy birthing, trust me all will be fine!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:48 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• my friends mom just had a baby she was about 42-43. she was worried as well, but everything went great for her and she has a beautiful happy healthy son.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 3:50 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• My aunt was 42 when she had her son and he's fine. Get on prenatal vitamins and start eating healthy and talk with your OB/GYN.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:41 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• my mom had my at 42 and im just fine my Grandma had my uncle at 42 and hes just fine
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 4:56 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• oh i have a story for you! there was a woman (older than you) that gave birth to two healthy TWINS at the hospital that i was at on the same day i did. i said, wow, what a surprise! she said, yeah, i thought i was going through the change!!!! it was hilarious, they were fine (well, i don't know now?? but as infant new borns they were). her's were out before mine was.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 5:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• my mom had my youngest brother at 40, her mother had her at 45, and her best friend at the time had her youngest at 47. it's not that unusual really. now start eating healthy, take your vitamins, and you'll be fine!
    mr2snafu

Answer by mr2snafu at 6:55 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• One of my dear friends had her first at 39 and twins at 42; all three are quite healthy. Take good care of yourself and your baby. Relax and enjoy the ride!

Answer by rkoloms at 7:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I have plenty (!!) of mom-friends who started their families in their '40s. They seem to be mostly accidental pregnancies, but that is how things worked out... The children are great & healthy! Having a mom/parents with a little more life experience behind her can be a wonderful thing.
    If you are worried about health & safety, you can look within and ask yourself the questions about what would you do in X or Y situation? How would you deal with Z? It's okay to present the positive and negative scenarios so you can think things through.
    Let me know if you'd like to talk more about it. I hope to be helpful!!
    Take good care! :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:13 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Wait...you said in your other post you were 2 weeks....???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Dec. 13, 2009