are you open minded? honestly truely open minded?

i thought i was until recently, someone posted a question about Scientology on here and today i came across a myspace page where this woman thinks if she is frozen she can live for ever....i guess im not as open minded as i thought.. ill leave my comments on these subjects to myself as to avoid bashing..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think open minded is just being tolerant of other's opinons etc,,,I don't think it means you must believe in the way they do, for example, I think gays should be married, but I am open minded and wouldn't hate anyone who disagreed with me! Good question, and got me to thinking!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:12 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Im open minded on some topics. Others Im pretty set in my ways, but if others want to do it differently that doesnt bother me. For instance I'd never be one to go get frozen to live forever or tell someone else not to do it... Its their life and I could be bothered less by what they do haha. Now if it was my family I would be like "wtf are you insane? That could be dangerous!"
    Anonymous

• NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVER -
    TIRED OF EVERYONE BENDING EVERYONE ELSE'S MIND
    Anonymous

• What I find interesting is how many different beliefs there are and the opinions people have on them. I don't preach what I believe, it's not my place but I do like reading what everyone else has to say,lol...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:11 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I don't call myself open minded. To me being open minded means you have no opinions of your own and anyone can pursuade you. I do however have a mind that can be opened. I listen in as unbiased a fashion as I can (no human is truly unbiased) and then decide what I believe and why.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I try to be the best I can. However, there are some things that I am set in my ways and have firm beliefs in. I have learned to be more closed mouth though the older I get. I do like to know where other people are coming from though.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 4:26 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• oâ‹…pen-mindâ‹…ed  [oh-puhn-mahyn-did] Show IPA
    –adjective
    1. having or showing a mind receptive to new ideas or arguments.

Yes, I am.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• you know...i used to go on and on to one of my best friends about what i thought and how i thought it should be done...and this was her life i was running my mouth on.

one day she tells me while i was talking to her, she doesnt want to say anything wrong so she was being quiet...sad. so i decided i need to open my mind up and accept other people aspects and quit being so quick to judge. so now its "you do what you think is right" instead of "man! he's so ignorant, you should be telling him like it is!"
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:08 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Thank you Sandra for that dictionary definition.

Yes, i am open minded.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:25 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• No. I'm not. I think I'm right 99% of the time. I don't care how you feel. If you want to cry, tell your mamma cause I don't give a shit.
    Anonymous