Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


How to handle the worst?!

Answer Question

Asked by xcherrypiex08 at 4:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • See a dr.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

  • Talk to a friend. Write your thoughts down untll you can see a dr.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

  • O.K. first is to understand the dx. PDD is a generic lable, it is not necessarily autism or autism spectrum disorder. Second is to educate yourself, what does this dx mean, what is autism. Autism has a broad range of expressions, many, many children with autism grow up to be very successful adults. Third is to educate yourself about resourses available in your area, such as a regional center or early intervention services. Fourth is support, finding other parents who are walking the same or similar roads is priceless. There are groups here on CM and in the real world, both are valuable.

    I have twins who have special needs so if you want someone to talk to pm me.

    Answer by teamquinn at 7:44 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

  • Post Pardum Depression...not autism

    Answer by xcherrypiex08 at 9:23 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.