my little girl is now 9 1/2 months, and she definitely throws fits!! but is THIS normal?

She will get so mad and just throw her head down on the ground. shes given herself probably 10 bloody noses doing this. not bleeding bad but theres blood! she did it in the drs office.. i was almost embarassed like it was somehow my fault lol...

is it normal for her to throw a fit THIS WAY??

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter stared fits at 10 months. I feel your pain lol. Some kids are just more "high spirited" than others
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 4:28 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I think so, I doubt she'll hurt herself..if she does stuff to seriously hurt herself regularly then that's a problem.

Anonymous

• Ds used to do this but it was always the back oif his head. I started ignoring him when he did it instead of comforting and those kind of tantrums stopped. He's 3 now and still throws some tantrums though...
    mom06and09

Answer by mom06and09 at 4:46 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• MIne DD is almost 9 months and has been throwing fits for like a month now. She'll do that sometimes, throw herself flat on the ground when she's overly tired and whiny. She's never gotten a bloody nose from it though. I guess it's the age and your DD is just a tad more tempermental! I would ask your pediatrician about it though just to ease your mind.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 4:47 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I used to baby sit two 2 year olds and they BOTH did this.. the would throw a fit and keep their legs straight and just throw themselves backwards.. i was always diving around the house trying to catch their heads... the parents acted like "whatever" about it, but they werent great parents.. lol.. its good that you worry about it, but im sure she will outgrow it.. those two little boys did.... i would always threaten to make them wear a helmet if they didnt stop!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 5:23 PM on Dec. 12, 2009