Is anyone else's kid getting on their nerves??

I have a 7 yr old going on 8 and he is acting up constantly not being bad, but always trying to be funny trying to tell jokes he's just constantly obnoxious. What can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• Hug him anyway and tell him how much you love him. Most kids like that just want attention. Just give it to him

Answer by admckenzie at 4:30 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I have a 7 year old who never stops talking - he's actually my stepson. It can get really hard to handle at times so I either tell him he needs to play in his room for a while - or outside, tell him I need some quiet time, or just ignore him. Not in a mean way but I've found sometimes he doesn't even notice if I tune him out....I have found this to be a tough age for boys and I don't feel bad about telling him to go play away from me now and then so I can have some peace!! People keep reminding me that "soon they won't want to talk to you at all!" and I get that and everything but it doesn't make this age any easier!! :)
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 4:30 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Has the child been tested for ADD/ADHD? I am not saying the child has this but it is possible. My own son was like this and it took years for me to realize it and had him tested. At age 14 he is now on medication for ADHD and my sanity is much better and our relationship is also. Good luck
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 4:41 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Yes, all day everyday.
    Anonymous

• I have a 13 yr old, hormonal son...need I say more?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:55 PM on Dec. 12, 2009