You can take ANY kind of Tylenol when your pregnant, right?

I didn't sleep well last night bc I was coughing and had chest congestion and my nose was draining down the back of my throat. I went to WalMart a few minutes ago and got some Tylenol Cold fr all my symptoms plus fever, headache, and soar throat. I asked the guy at the pharmacy if it was ok and he said he didn't know, just whatever my Dr said (which she just said Tylenol) and he was trying to get me Mucinex which was just for chest congestion. Any kind of Tylenol should be ok tho, right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You can take Tylenol just not if it says multi symptom That is what my dr told me.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:33 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• No!
    Just regular tylenol. Not the cold and flu stuff or T-3's or anything like that. Just regular tylenol.

I know it sucks but the decongestant in the cold and flu stuff could potentially be harmful.

Hot baths, lemon and honey, chicken noodle soup.
    Anonymous

• The drug in tylenol, acetaminophen, is fine during pregnancy provided to do NOT take the recomended dosage. Tylenol cold has other drugs in them such as antihistamies, decongestants and cough supressants, those need to be checked. Plain old tylenol is fine. But when you start adding other drugs to mix, then you need to check with your OB
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 4:35 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• My pharmacist said I could take Sudafed PE...but please call your doc and verify that info.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• My doctor told me I could take any type of tylenol but with the cold and sinus stuff to just not use it all the time. I took it once a day to get some sleep and that was fine with my doctor. Sudafed never worked with me. I figured that was why we were allowed to take it while pregnant, there was nothing it in, lol.
    Anonymous

• This that I got has Acetaminophen for fever/sore throat/headache....Phenylephine HCI for Nasal Congestion....Dextromethorphan HBr for Coughing.
    I tried calling my Dr to make sure but I got a recording.
    I ha asked the guy in the pharmacy at WalMart about anoter kid of Tylenol that had the same things but it had some kind of drug that started with Gau- and it was for the chest congestion and he said he wouldn't recommend it bc of that drug...so if assume this one I did get would be ok since it didn't have that? I have want to stop coughing and my nose to stop draining bc it's making my throat hurt :(
    Anonymous

• Regular tylenol only unless the doc says otherwise. I had an upper respiratory infection when I was in my first trimester with my first. I was only allowed to take regular tylenol and benedryl to help with the mucus.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 6:15 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• The reason you shouldn't take tylenol cold and sinus or any other kind is because it elevates baby's heart rate too much and is very unhealthy for baby
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 6:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Mine said the ONLY cold medicines that I could take were Sudafed PE and Mucinex, the regular kind.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 7:34 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Just REGULAR tylenol. All the other ones have things in it thats harmful to a growing baby. If you're sick and preggo go to your doctor.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 8:28 PM on Dec. 12, 2009