Husbands and leaking breasts

My breasts have started leaking and I'm kind of embarrassed to tell my husband. How will this affect our sex life? I'm pretty naive and this is my first baby, so I don't know what to do or expect. Any NICE input would be appreciated. I've asked another question on here before and got nothing but judgements b/c I didn't know the answer to my question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My dh loved it. He was the first to breatfeed on them! Don't be embarrassed. The man has seen you naked so this won't be that big of a deal to him.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:39 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Haha my Dh likes it too. He will mess with my nipples and make the colostrum come out then lick/suck it off. He is very intrigued by the whole thing haha
    Anonymous

• lol yeah my SO loved it too for some reason.. and mine never POURED out so it didnt really interrupt our intimate times... dont be embarassed though, its completely natural and normal.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• My SO didn't care either. I was the same way at first, embarrassed to tell him. When things did happen, like leakage when we finally did "do it" again after the baby was born, he just laughed about it. I'm assuming you've been together a long time. Things like that shouldn't gross him out. You are, after all, carrying his child!
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 4:44 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• thanks. i'm still kind of nervous to tell him. how do i go about that? just say, "hey babe, my boobs are leaking!" ? LOL

Anonymous

• My dh is like the other ladies dhs. He loved them more when I was breastfeeding. And it started during pregnancy. If you uncomfortable, don't let him touch them. Or have sex with a bra on.
    To tell him, I would just casually mention it to him, like an interesting factoid about your pregnancy. "Honey, you will never guess what this pregnancy has caused my breasts to do...they are leaking now." Then you can gauge from his reaction his comfort level with it. If he gives you a look like you grew a second head, wear the bra. If he wants to know more, then it is a good guess he would be amenable to still indulging in breast play.
    Good Luck, and don't worry.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:48 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• When they leak, laugh about it, if you show that you aren't uncomfortable about it, he certainly won't care as much. It's not gross, it happens to everyone...if all else fails, squeeze the old nipple and squirt him in the face, that's always good for a laugh....at least on your part :)
    ilovemykiddos

Answer by ilovemykiddos at 5:03 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Some like it some don't and don't be embarrassed it is part of pregnancy and he helped get you pregnant so he can deal with it. If you are planning on nursing your children then be prepared for even more. My DH has had leaking breasts now since about January of 2005 since I have been pregnant or nursing or both constantly since then. He actually enjoys it.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 5:57 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I read recently that post-partum, when you get back to sex, some nursing women have a strong let-down reaction when they have an orgasm. Sometimes, there is a little spray during your big moment. I told my hunny and he celebrated. He's HOPING to get sprayed. I'm partnered with a dirty pervert. LOL!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:54 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• It fascinated my hubby. Until the first time he sucked on them and got a big mouthful! LOL
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:55 AM on Dec. 13, 2009