young kids wearing deorderant?

my kids ages 2 5 and 7 wear deodorant, my husband says they are too young..i dont make them, they see me put it on then want some on. i see nothing wrong with them getting into the habit now. i just keep thinking about this one boy in middle school who smelled like bo bad *gag* i dont want kids to be the stinky ones lol and they want to put it on. my 2 oldest put on without assistance, they get up and get ready for school, potty get dressed brush teeth and put on deordrant... i see nothing wrong with it...am i the only one?

gothmama91

Asked by gothmama91 at 4:54 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• As long as they aren't having allergic reactions to it, I don't see a problem. I think it's funny about the 2 year old though. But I don't think that's any different than when my own 2 year old sees me putting my make up on and she wants to wear some too. There are some kids who need it. That's like parents whose kids [girls especially] have obvious arm and leg hair and their parents tell them they are too young to shave it. Are you serious? So you want your child to suffer and be made fun of for something you can actually do something about?! Crazy.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 5:10 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• i don't think there's anything wrong with it, it's not going to hurt them any...and when they get older they won't ever forget if they get in the habit now.
    Anonymous

• My son is 3. He does the same thing. If he sees me, he wears mine, if he sees daddy, he wears his. Its just something kids do.
    Anonymous

• As long as it does not have aluminum, or other toxins, there is no harm in this (in fact, I think that it is cute). You can check the safety of the ingredients here: www.ewg.org in the Cosmetics Database.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with it. Just learning hygiene.
    lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 6:58 PM on Dec. 12, 2009