is there any moms out that that are preg or have a baby at age 43 or older

please help i just found out that i am preg at age 43. hubby's condom broke just at the end when he pulled it out. when it happened it was not even the right time of the month for me to get preg. never had a condom break before. i am so scared that my baby will not be healthy. before this whole thing happened i was starting to feel my age. i am about two wk's preg. my last two preg i tried over a yr to get preg with them that was 4 and 7 yr's ago. i just need to good edvice here of my odds of what are of having a healthy baby and is there any one out there at age 43 or older that has a baby or is preg. please helppppppppppppppp

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There are groups on here.
    go search the group section for 40+ new moms. (even if you're starting over).
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:11 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• You have a higher chance of the child having downs syndrome.
    lovinthislife08

Answer by lovinthislife08 at 12:24 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Ewwwww......... you do realize by the time your kids 30 you'll be 74 right.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Anon 1225, grow up.

Nancy Grace had perfectly healthy twins at the age of 48. She is now 50 years old and her twins are now 2. Do you think they give a damn how old their mother is? One of my cousins wwas raised by my grandparents (who were in their's 50's when she was born). They did a wonderful job with her, and until the day my grandparents passed away, all three of them were VERY close. My cousin wasn't concerned about how old they were.

If you decide to keep this baby, I'm sure that with proper prenatal care, your child will be just fine. There are plenty of moms who have kids in their 40's, so don't feel like you're the only one. You're not alone.

Good luck!!! :-)

(BTW, it's pretty shallow and self-centered for SOME people on this forum to think that a child's main concern in life is how old their parents will be when they graduate high school/college/turn 30, whatever.)

Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 12:55 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• Hi guess what 99% chance it will probably be okay, and as for the snarky comments about how old you are--who cares!! I am 44 and had dear son 4 years ago,,,,it is great and your going to be great, and your kids want a mom, who cares how old your going to be, good luck and god bless you!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:47 PM on Dec. 26, 2009