separation anxiety in a 7 month old?

Can it start that early?

mominbolt

Asked by mominbolt at 5:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my dd went thru it baddddd.... it took from 7 months til 11 months.. and she went back to being able to sleep alone half of the night at 11 months old, and then at 12 months she was sleeping all by herself like a big girl. though sometimes she still screams if i leave the room.. but thats only maybe 1 time a week, and only because she's tired.
    ramzmomma

Answer by ramzmomma at 8:57 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• It can start even earlier
    Anonymous

• my son went through seperation anxiety really bad at 7 months then was fine after a month til now. He is 11 months almost a year old now and seems to be having issues with it again.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 5:47 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• thats not that early..my daughter cries everytime i leave and shes 7 months old.
    micahsmommy512

Answer by micahsmommy512 at 6:13 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Mine started at 5 mos. She went until she was almost 1. What you can do is just pop out of the room for a few and then back in and holler from the other room. This worked well for us. If she couldn't hear me it was much worse.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:12 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Absolutely!!! Soon (8/9 months) baby will understand object permanence, the premise that you are still there even if baby can not see you and things will calm down.

Anonymous

• My son is just now 6months. HE has be going through this for about a good solid month now, maybe a bit longer. The crazy part is that he doesnt do it when I leave for work or to go anywhere. It is usally when it is just us in the house without daddy and I leave, lets say the living room where he is to go into the kitchen. He SCREAMS and TEARS start flowing. Now with daddy home, he is fine. I can move around and it doesnt seem to bother him.
    TLW514

Answer by TLW514 at 8:45 PM on Dec. 12, 2009