weight

what to loss weight and what to know what kind of diet pill works the best?

joishpeming

Asked by joishpeming at 5:41 PM on Dec. 12, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I dont recomend any diet pills.. just eat a healthier diet... cut out sodas (if you drink them) and like crazy you will see weight drop just from that.. drink lots of water and again you will see a huge difference... also if you like green tea it is amazing!!
    Lots of protein.. chicken chicken chicken!!
    Good luck!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 5:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Healthy eating and exercise works best! Diet pills just mess up your metabolism.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 6:02 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are putting yourself on the gain/lose rollercoaster; hard on your body and frustrating. To get to and maintain a healthy weight, and set a great example for your kids, you need a healthy lifestyle.
    I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy

Answer by rkoloms at 6:48 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• I'd have to agree with the other comments. Pills aren't the way to go. I've tried it only to gain it all back and then some. Hubby bought me a treadmill, and you know what? It works! I cut out soda, take it easy on the meal serving sizes, and up the water intake. A 45 minute walk almost every day has helped me lose at least a pound a week. The slower you lose it, the better. Good luck!
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 9:12 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• Eat healthy and excersise...its so important.Lifestyle changes are what its all about...good luck!
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 9:59 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• don't do diet pills, it will never work and your body will return to where it was before diet pills if you stop taking them. Learn to eat right. 5-6 small meals a day 5 servings of fruits and veggies. and exercise!
    Anonymous

• I agree with all the answers you've gotten so far. It is a whole lot better to eat really clean, healthy food. Basically, if it had a mother or came from the ground, it is good. There are some really great books out there that can teach you how to eat healthy. Also, find a way to get motivated to exercise. Cardio is important, but so is strength training. If you can't or don't want to join a gym, there are TONS of great workout DVD's out there that you can do at home. I'd be happy to share some of my favorite books & DVD's, so if you are interested, send me a message & I will get that to you.
    Iowagirl69

Answer by Iowagirl69 at 9:27 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Sometimes it's not all about what you eat, just how much. Cutting out sugar pop will definitely make a huge difference though. That keeps your blood sugar elevated all day long not to mention you're drinking your calories. Weigh Down Workshop is working for me. It's Bible-based, so not everyone's open to it. But simply put, it's about eating within hunger and fullness (not stuffed, just eating *enough*). There's some free resources on their website, and the founder's books are super cheap on amazon or ebay. "The Weigh Down Diet" and "Rise Above".
    KTtalmo

Answer by KTtalmo at 5:38 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I am the co-owner of a wonderful group here on Cafemom. We emphasize healthy eating and exercise for weight loss. We are currently getting ready to start a new weight loss challenge on January 1st. Please feel free to join us... no drama, no bashing, tons of support!! We can help you find the perfect way for you to drop those unwanted pounds, safely and long term!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/weightforlife
    SWKansasmomma

Answer by SWKansasmomma at 5:38 PM on Dec. 27, 2009